IGNORED

Nice One on Cam

14 minutes ago, Swamprat said:

In the last 2 pic's, does he drag that front left foot? 

It looks that way to me.  Although I was told that when they were injured; it usually impacts the growth of the opposite side of the rack.  Here, his left leg seems injured and his left side of rack seems under-developed. 

42 minutes ago, dlist777 said:

It looks that way to me.  Although I was told that when they were injured; it usually impacts the growth of the opposite side of the rack.  Here, his left leg seems injured and his left side of rack seems under-developed. 

Agree.  I've heard/read the same. Regardless...good luck. Hope you get a shot at him. 

50 minutes ago, dlist777 said:

If it's the back leg it's the opposite side gets screwed up. Front leg same side. Some nice bucks. Keep the pictures coming 

Some AWESOME bucks you got growing .  Regarding leg injuries - 100% LEFT rear leg injury = screwy RIGHT antler, I have yet to see otherwise.  You may recall "The Tripod" I shot...   

Front leg injuries do not follow same pattern.   Impacts the antlers for sure generally - but it's more of a crapshoot as to how.  The 2016  October  bow buck I shot with a  LEFT front leg injury was "the longhorn" and this is what he grew at age 3.5, and was limping so bad on broken front leg I had to take him out...  Prior year, at age 2.5 he was a typical 6pt and as you can see I could have spit on him from the stand looking down in 2015.  I saw him nearly every hunt in 2015 until he vanished and in 2016 when I shot him as a severe cripple dragging front left leg -  I didn't realize it was same buck as the 2015 6pt until I put 2 and 2 together...  Amazing this buck dressed 169# at 3.5 years old but I am guessing he was rather sedentary and didn't do much but eat and eat and eat after his injury (probably smacked by car or a big buck slammed him good - autopsy was not very revealing at all could not figure out what was wrong) 

IMG_2439.JPG

IMG_4181.JPG

IMG_4183.JPG

IMG_4184.JPG

IMG_2445.JPG

STC_0193.JPG

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….