IGNORED

I caught a tagged trout today

12 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

You give me far too much credit.  I highly doubt the powers that make regulatory changes in Maine know who I am or read my posts on NJ W&W.  And I honestly have no idea what Maine TUers are doing regarding this, so saying I am part of an "attempt to bludgeon an agenda from one state to another" is completely false.  Maine has a horrific track record of protecting not only native fish, but federally endangered fish such as Atlantic salmon and a population of Arctic char native to that state to name just two.  I don't have the time to go into all of Maine's mistakes, but their management of brown trout in coastal waters is a huge issue for native Atlantic salmon smolts trying to survive and get to the ocean to feed and grow for future spawning runs into Maine rivers.  Educate yourself before you pick a snippet up from the EBTJV website to support your claims.     

I was simply responding with  information about brook trout directly from the EBTJV which you referenced in your post, there was no claim I was supporting, I was just reading and presenting published data from a source you cited. That process is called "educating myself".  The topic of this thread "I caught a tagged trout today" had nothing to do with EBTJV but ventured off into native brook trout.

It is undeniable fact if we are to stay within the context of discussing Eastern Brook Trout that Maine boasts more than 2x the number of intact subwatersheds for brook trout populations than the other 16 states combined, so they are in much better shape than all the other JV states.  I'm assuming that you don't associate yourself with the conservationists you mention that are "using NJ's new regs to bludgeon states like Maine"?

If you want to venture off topic further and into an Atlantic salmon and Char discussion then start a new thread, I'd be more than enthused to read, learn something if possible from what you post and comment as you can see.