IGNORED

Drew an Elk Tag for Wyoming today!

I will post them here for other guys considering this outfitter.

1.  If you fly logistically speaking it is easier to fly in to Salt Lake City and drive up (4 or so hours) than fly into Jackson and it is about half the price. I usually take an evening flight out of Newark and get into SLC late and drive up the following morning or the first am flight to SLC.

2.  I know Delta has an antler policy.  If you have to fly them back plan to buy a garden hose and cut it up into pieces to cover the antler tips and pieces of the hose and electrical tape.  Then wrap with bubble wrap.  Delta "may" charge you for the antlers going on the plane.  Some of the gate agents like Elk meat and if you have a pack or two in your backpack you might be able to do some horse trading for your excess baggage.  This is a 50-50 shot.

3.  Don't bring coolers.  In Jackson there is a damn good processor (should be about $400) to cut it up and he will box and freeze. Those boxes will last the drive from Jackson to SLC.  When you get back to SLC find a hotel (in advance) that will hold your meat if needed.

4.  If you have taxidermy work I would highly recommend your local guy take care of it (I used Sahanas for my Elk).  Just roll the cape up and freeze it.  Sam has freezers on site. DO NOT SPLIT THE ANTLERS.

My wife usually comes on the trip towards the end, we stay in Jackson for a couple days.  Yellowstone, Teton National forest, Elk wildlife refuge, etc are all open.  Even the lifts at the ski resorts are open to just go up and take a look around.  I ask my wife to pack in only a carry on.  This way when I have 6 boxes of meat, a gun case, and a duffel bag I only get hit for about 3 extra bags.

Edited by tjfslaughter