IGNORED

Rifle Recommendations

If we are talking Accuracy (this is my opinion).

It is 50% on the person behind the gun, 25% the gun, and 25% the cartridge system.

When I develop a load I first find my max OAL, then back it off a few thousandths for a given projectile.  Then I use bench rest primers, and 3 different powder loads.  In the Sako usually you will have one group around 1/2" at 100 yards.  Take that load and chronograph it.  I then order a custom turret for that cartridge and install it on the scope.  Basically my 300 win is zeroed at 100, my lapua is zeroed at 200.  I have shot out to 800 with both and can hit milk jugs all day long.  Once you have played out to these distances if you ever have to jump off a horse to shoot a 370 bull at 400 yards that has you pegged it will be a chip shot.  This happened to me a few years back. I didn't have time to range him but knew the gun and I knew the shot.

It seems you may need some guidance. If you need any loading or shooting advice, let me know.

If we are talking Accuracy (this is my opinion).

It is 50% on the person behind the gun, 25% the gun, and 25% the cartridge system.

When I develop a load I first find my max OAL, then back it off a few thousandths for a given projectile.  Then I use bench rest primers, and 3 different powder loads.  In the Sako usually you will have one group around 1/2" at 100 yards.  Take that load and chronograph it.  I then order a custom turret for that cartridge and install it on the scope.  Basically my 300 win is zeroed at 100, my lapua is zeroed at 200.  I have shot out to 800 with both and can hit milk jugs all day long.  Once you have played out to these distances if you ever have to jump off a horse to shoot a 370 bull at 400 yards that has you pegged it will be a chip shot.  This happened to me a few years back. I didn't have time to range him but knew the gun and I knew the shot.

When I talked to Jay he was talking about developing his own load. This could be a good match as far as setting him up.

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Like I said this is my opinion. All of my rifles shoot .375 at 100 yards and they are commercial off the shelf guns. Please post your advice here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was sarcasm...you obviously know your stuff! Proof is in your harvest pics.