IGNORED

Venison Picadillo

Lphunsjr

1 onion

4 cloves garlic (I did 6)

1 pound of venison chop meat

table spoon of capers

jarred chopped olives and raisons (to your liking). I said she's Italian, tastes as she goes :)

1 green can Tuttorosso crushed tomatoes

Lightly brown onion and garlic in olive oil. Add the venison until browned; followed by rest of ingredients. Simmer for hour. Enjoy

Nice! I love easy recipes like this - not a lot of ingredients, and not a lot of dainty instructions. Hard to screw it up. Pretty much dump it all in and let the flavors meld into a heavenly bliss  :up:

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I'm putting the mazz stamp of approval on this recipe!  :up:

Made it for dinner and eating it while watching the Eagles. The flavor in this dish really pops when you eat this! And the raisins add a very nice element of sweetness, but not overwhelming! One slight modification I am going to make next time (and I will make this again  ^_^) is I'm going to reduce the amount of garlic - 3 cloves I think would be good.

If interested for specific amounts of ingredients, here is what I used (I'm Italian, but I still can't do the ol' "add to taste" thing). Oh, and I used black olives instead of green, and golden raisins instead of normal dark raisins, though I doubt either change matters:

1 onion

3 cloves garlic (I used 5 this time, but I'm going to reduce this to 3 next time)

1 cup of golden raisins

1 Tbsp capers

1 can of 4oz chopped black olives

1 pound ground venison

I don't like olives and not a big fan of raisons, but together makes this dish really tasty.

Glad you liked it.

OK, I'm putting the mazz stamp of approval on this recipe!  :up:

Made it for dinner and eating it while watching the Eagles. The flavor in this dish really pops when you eat this! And the raisins add a very nice element of sweetness, but not overwhelming! One slight modification I am going to make next time (and I will make this again  ^_^) is I'm going to reduce the amount of garlic - 3 cloves I think would be good.

If interested for specific amounts of ingredients, here is what I used (I'm Italian, but I still can't do the ol' "add to taste" thing). Oh, and I used black olives instead of green, and golden raisins instead of normal dark raisins, though I doubt either change matters:

1 onion

3 cloves garlic (I used 5 this time, but I'm going to reduce this to 3 next time)

1 cup of golden raisins

1 Tbsp capers

1 can of 4oz chopped black olives

1 pound ground venison