IGNORED

First Year Hunter - Cam Pics - Advice Wanted

btownhunter

Thanks everyone! I'm using a climber stand. I do also have a blind but I prefer being up in the tree because I can see way more. I walked many acres of this woods before I baited and saw deer tracks everywhere. I really just baited to see what I can see on the camera. I didn't see any scrapes or rubs so I was leary if there were bucks there. But the pics proved me wrong in a good way. Im going to go out there Sunday and scout some more. Based on your feedback I'm definitely going to move my stand from where I had it set up. Some of you had referenced it's the end of the season but my zone I can bow hunt until Feb 17th and shotgun until Feb 10th, so I'm confused on what you mean end of the season already? Sounds like I need to get in there deeper off the main trails. Thanks again for the help guys! I plan on staying active in the forum.

Some of you had referenced it's the end of the season but my zone I can bow hunt until Feb 17th and shotgun until Feb 10th, so I'm confused on what you mean end of the season already? 

By "end of the season" we mean that after next week many guys will call it quits for the year and the woods will get a lot quieter and there will be significantly less corn dumped in the woods.  In addition bucks will be transitioning to their post rut patterns and be more interested in food than they have been for the past month.  

By "end of the season" we mean that after next week many guys will call it quits for the year and the woods will get a lot quieter and there will be significantly less corn dumped in the woods.  In addition bucks will be transitioning to their post rut patterns and be more interested in food than they have been for the past month.  

Sounds like a good thing for those that will hunt the whole time allowed! I'll be out there for sure.