IGNORED

Last day of the season

At least for me, groundhogs are safe now. After three years of intense hunting the once infested farm, the farm  is groundhog free, at least for a day or two. I didn't think I would find any today, after seeing very little last time out, so I grabbed my camera in addition to my 22-250 to make sure I would shoot something. I was right. 4 hours on the farm and I didn't see one single pig. Three years ago I could sit in one spot and kill 4, 5 or 6 groundhogs in an hour or two but today there wasn't any :up: . On the way out I talked to the farmer and he could not have been more happy.

here is what I shot today, time for deer hunting:-)

IMG_4836_2.jpg

IMG_4849_2.jpg

IMG_4859_2.jpg

IMG_4891_2.jpg

IMG_4902_2.jpg

IMG_4911_2.jpg

IMG_4922_2.jpg

Edited by Lunatic

BTW I saw a big doe with 5 fawns today. Is this even possible? I was waiting for more does to walk out but none did.  I watched her cross the filed and all 5 went with her. They do live well on this farm.

Highly unlikely that they were all hers.  The other mom might have been killed or was just somewhere else at the moment.  

BTW I saw a big doe with 5 fawns today. Is this even possible? I was waiting for more does to walk out but none did.  I watched her cross the filed and all 5 went with her. They do live well on this farm.

It's nice seeing that many fawns.  Were are at ground zero for NJ's bear and coyote populations and fawns are few and far between.   

Those photos are OK if you want to Take better Photos I have a Canon AE-1 with some Lens I will let go Super Cheap  ;)

I did well with AE-1 for many years so I will not argue. :happywave: I will not buy yours as well, I just unloaded my to a young relative who wanted to learn the 35mm.

Actually it was very dark yesterday so I had to crank up the ISO to get some speed. That's why the pics aren't perfect, with background digital noise.