IGNORED

recommendations for marine battery & charger

I'm probably going to be in the market for a small 30# or 40# trolling motor. Gonna be my first so I need to think about a battery and charger as well.

I know what I want to look for in a trolling motor, but I have no idea what to look for in a battery and charger (other than I know to get a 12v marine deep cycle battery). The chargers are confusing me (2 amp, 5 amp, 10 amp??? 1 bank, 2 bank???). I assume 'banks" means the number of batteries it can charge at the same time? Does charger amperage determine the speed of the charge or the max size of battery that it can charge?

Is there something special to look for in DC batteries? Other than the standard voltage (12v), what should I be looking for?

What are your thoughts/recommendation on a good battery/charger combo?

Oh, I'm also looking into possibly getting one of those power centers (something like this one). Any one use something like this? Thoughts on those?

I would start with calling the manufacturer of the trolling motor to get their advice.

For charger, although more money, I have a on boat charger that has "smart tech" to switch to maintenance mode. You can leave it plugged in all winter. The minnkota charger - not sure which model I have - 2 banks. Down side is they take a lot of space.  MK210D?   http://mk.factoryoutletstore.com/details/36625/minn-kota-210d.html?category_id=20872&catalogitemid=38148 

For battery I like the marine blue top Optima but not sure that's necessary or the best deal. Seem to last well beyond 4 yrs.

I have a Dual battery charger I used when I had a trolling motor on My kayak Could be for sale picked up Central Monmouth County if interested I will get it out for photos and Details.  Or anyone else interested. Like New 

That Box is sweet for $65 it offers a lot go for it.  

81OS2fsEGSL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Advanced auto parts batteries...you can get a $40 off $100 coupon...mine are 3 years old ..still hold a good charge...i use cabelas battery chargers..i have 2 2 bank chargers.

I have 4 batteries..24 volt trolling batter...1 for starting ..1 deep cycle for everything else