IGNORED

SNAKEHEAD FISHING ADVENTURE IN THE SWAMPS OF JERSEY - I had the Go PRO

Ken Beam

thats awesome ken. I think I would of threw more f-bombs than you

HAHA!!! I usually edited that shit........ HaHa! But I thought everybody would appreciate it more hearing how frustrating it was to work around those huge Pads.

Ken-

*You can always see what I`m up too and follow me at; http://www.AdventuresWithKen.com

Neat trip!  Did you eat em?  Are you required to kill it or report the catch to NJFW as they are invasive?  I think in Maryland they are required to kill em.

HaHa!...... Yea........ I practice "Catch n` Release right into the ****in` Grease!" -----HaHa! Report?........ ok........... They were good! ---HaHa!

Ken-

*You can always see what I`m up too and follow me at; http://www.AdventuresWithKen.com

Yes, you should kill everyone of these alien fish you can.  They are devastating to our game fish and bait fish. Kill em all. 

Well....... the funny thing about that statement(And what everybody reads in friggin` Google!) is this.......... I have personally caught beautiful Bass in the exact same spot as I caught Snakes in......... moments apart. And I have witnessed Large Mouth Bass dining on Snakehead fry-balls............. so they do provide a food source............ And they are here to stay. You can kill buckets & buckets of them....... doesn`t matter. This fish spawns several times a year at a rate of 15,000 eggs each time. In my opinion, within a few years, the State of New Jersey will acknowledge the Snakehead as a gamefish. Because it is not going anywhere. 

Ken-

Great video, Ken.  Kill 'em all!  Yes, very invasive in a very bad way for both our native and introduced fish we all enjoy fishing for.  Luckily, snakeheads are great to eat, so they hold tournaments where they kill them all and have a huge fish fry.  NJ's population is small, but possibly growing, so it bears close watching.  Just learn the difference between our native bowfin and snakeheads.  It's easy to mistake bowfins for snakeheads.  Kill all snakeheads you catch and you're doing everyone a favor.  

the funny thing about that statement(And what everybody reads in friggin` Google!) is this.......... I have personally caught beautiful Bass in the exact same spot as I caught Snakes in......... moments apart. And I have witnessed Large Mouth Bass dining on Snakehead fry-balls............. so they do provide a food source............ And they are here to stay. You can kill buckets & buckets of them....... doesn`t matter. This fish spawns several times a year at a rate of 15,000 eggs each time. In my opinion, within a few years, the State of New Jersey will acknowledge the Snakehead as a gamefish. Because it is not going anywhere. 

Ken-

the funny thing about that statement(And what everybody reads in friggin` Google!) is this.......... I have personally caught beautiful Bass in the exact same spot as I caught Snakes in......... moments apart. And I have witnessed Large Mouth Bass dining on Snakehead fry-balls............. so they do provide a food source............ And they are here to stay. You can kill buckets & buckets of them....... doesn`t matter. This fish spawns several times a year at a rate of 15,000 eggs each time. In my opinion, within a few years, the State of New Jersey will acknowledge the Snakehead as a gamefish. Because it is not going anywhere. 

Gamefish classification would be fine but with no limits so we can keep the population as low as possible. 

Nice snakehead ken awesome Tasty! And some may find this informative or not lol. But  NY state DEC kills snakeheads using rotenone a pesticide. They don't tolerate them at all there. A few years back they used this rotenone in a stream and lake not far from jersey and killed a bunch of snakeheads to 31 inches for fear they would hit the walkill river than into the Hudson spreading as they put it at the time like wild fire. The lake was Ridgebury lake in Waywayanda NY in orange county. 

Nice snakehead ken awesome Tasty! And some may find this informative or not lol. But  NY state DEC kills snakeheads using rotenone a pesticide. They don't tolerate them at all there. A few years back they used this rotenone in a stream and lake not far from jersey and killed a bunch of snakeheads to 31 inches for fear they would hit the walkill river than into the Hudson spreading as they put it at the time like wild fire. The lake was Ridgebury lake in Waywayanda NY in orange county. 

NJ fisheries biologists have used piscicides such as Rotenone on these snakeheads, but either they cannot get to enough of them or they are still being introduced by individuals that want them there and don't understand the negative impacts they are making.  Unfortunately, the Asian markets have a lot of blame as they sell both live and dead snakeheads.  There are some within that culture that feel if you buy a dead one to eat, you should buy a live one and stock it locally to provide food at a later time.  That's a hard thing to change culturally.  We need to end the live sale of these fish in the US, period.  

NJ fisheries biologists have used piscicides such as Rotenone on these snakeheads, but either they cannot get to enough of them or they are still being introduced by individuals that want them there and don't understand the negative impacts they are making.  Unfortunately, the Asian markets have a lot of blame as they sell both live and dead snakeheads.  There are some within that culture that feel if you buy a dead one to eat, you should buy a live one and stock it locally to provide food at a later time.  That's a hard thing to change culturally.  We need to end the live sale of these fish in the US, period.  

TBH BNB I don't think far east asians have any conservation ethics that I can point to.  Some and I mean very few have embraced our vision.  There are some japanese americans who FF and have the conservation ethos but not many that I know of.

Doesn't make them evil but their view is opposite ours.  Even if you explained the issue with these devil fish I don't think they'd believe it.  DFW should focus on this now small problem before it gets out of hand but they're focused on other things. 

does the poison kill other fish, what about eating fish from those poison spots

I know ridgebury lake is 23 acres and it killed every fish in the lake bass ,carp and panfish a total of 16,000 pounds of fish were killed with 10,000 pounds being carp.

Carp, another invasive, but a snakehead can and will eat anything it can fit in its mouth! And they are voracious!!!

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.