IGNORED

Ice Fishing Season - Review- Pic Heavy

Lonewolf76

2,500-3000 through the ice??? do you live in NJ? 

Yes - I also live across the street from a lake and a few miles from many others.  I fish almost every day when the ice is good, I fish in the dark on local lakes, I fish every weekend, I fish sun up till sun down and that's not enough.  You gotta love it, it's like anything else you get out what you put in. Anyone that knows me knows I'm obsessed!  I also plan vacation around ice season, I fish NJ.NY, CT,VT,NH and PA this years longest stretch 9 straight days sun up to sun down!  It may have caught a few more than that but I didn't want it to sound absurd! :rofl:

Yes - I also live across the street from a lake and a few miles from many others.  I fish almost every day when the ice is good, I fish in the dark on local lakes, I fish every weekend, I fish sun up till sun down and that's not enough.  You gotta love it, it's like anything else you get out what you put in. Anyone that knows me knows I'm obsessed!  I also plan vacation around ice season, I fish NJ.NY, CT,VT,NH and PA this years longest stretch 9 straight days sun up to sun down!  It may have caught a few more than that but I didn't want it to sound absurd! :rofl:

It's funny how many of my friends and family think I am overly obsessed with fishing and hunting. I come here for therapy - it's good to see there are others FAR WORSE than me!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Those two are 15.5 inches- my partner in crime got the fish of the season at 17.25 and 2lbs 12oz. - I carry a digital scale with me and get a quick weight if the fish deserves it. One magical night in 2014 I got 2lb 8oz - 2lb 10oz and - 2lb 12oz crappie 3 in a row the biggest was 16.75 inches and he is on my wall others swam away. They are delicious but I release 99.9% of the crappie I catch. I make fish taco’s out of the yellows.

E8342C96-F826-402B-AC15-C6C1DA3FB737.jpeg

what is your favorite jig/bait combo?   2lb line?  I have always been more of a tip-up guy and will casually jig, and will use the small ice-jigging rapala, or something real tiny with mousies on it. I know others that will jig with nothing but a naked kastmaster and have seen them pull 5lb bass and nice crappie..

I shot a big 10pt once….

Don’t know how to do the quote thing- from the phone.

what is your favorite jig/bait combo?

I basically use the same kind of tungsten jig on everything. I’ve caught every fish that swims on the following combo. If I caught 3000, I caught 2980 on this combo, all I change is tail color. I wholesale order bait early and tip it with mousies, waxies or spikes depending how the fish are acting. I use a vexilar flx 28 to locate fish, 36” custom jigging rods and 2-4lb test depending what im targeting.

E3C5A907-28DA-4BB6-95EB-E83A66E061CD.jpeg

Don’t know how to do the quote thing- from the phone.

what is your favorite jig/bait combo?

I basically use the same kind of tungsten jig on everything. I’ve caught every fish that swims on the following combo. If I caught 3000, I caught 2980 on this combo, all I change is tail color. I wholesale order bait early and tip it with mousies, waxies or spikes depending how the fish are acting. I use a vexilar flx 28 to locate fish, 36” custom jigging rods and 2-4lb test depending what im targeting.

cool - is that tail scented like a gulp, or just plastic?

I shot a big 10pt once….