IGNORED

Don't you think this should be a crime?

dlist777

This never makes sense.

1-know your target and beyond

2-know where the vitals of the animal are

3-make a good, high percentage shot at those vitals

You can't just point your gun at a brown thing and pull the trigger

Hey man "if it's brown its down". It's amazing we don't get more of this during 6-day buckshot drives (I have seen it first hand when I was a teen - TWICE).

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Hey man "if it's brown its down". It's amazing we don't get more of this during 6-day buckshot drives (I have seen it first hand when I was a teen - TWICE).

Well...we all know that you can't kill anything with buckshot over 40yds and those driving dipshits can't get within 40 yards of a deer. So...do the math.

Honestly, same goes for birdshot and the wma ditch-chicken crew. Birdshot is lethal at close ranges. Those dipshits think its a badge of honor to take a spraying or two here and there from a fellow hunter's errant shot

Regardless of "what say us". This is a terrible event and will be dealt with accordingly with the county prosecutor.   Murder/homicide has to a have a pre-meditated element and unless the assailant knew the guy or knew he was in the woods at that time it will be involuntary manslaughter.  Just horrible all the way around.  Wonder if they have an "orange" law in NC, if not then after this they will. 

Regardless of "what say us". This is a terrible event and will be dealt with accordingly with the county prosecutor.   Murder/homicide has to a have a pre-meditated element and unless the assailant knew the guy or knew he was in the woods at that time it will be involuntary manslaughter.  Just horrible all the way around.  Wonder if they have an "orange" law in NC, if not then after this they will.

We don't have it as well

Edited by Lunatic

Is it because predators can see colors?  It is required that some type of orange flagging be tied to a tree next to you while turkey hunting with a shotgun, yes? Unless, you are in a blind, then it has to be on top, correct?

Well, I am not aware of this.

Predators, Turkey and Groundhogs don't require it.

No orange required if hunting coyote / fox with the predator special season permit.

No orange required if hunting turkeys even with a shotgun. Not sure the requirements if in a blind - I should probably check that!

UPDATE: I checked. Page 27 - no orange required for turkey hunters, even if using shotgun, even if in a blind.

Edited by mazzgolf

No orange required if hunting coyote / fox with the predator special season permit.

No orange required if hunting turkeys even with a shotgun. Not sure the requirements if in a blind - I should probably check that!

UPDATE: I checked. Page 27 - no orange required for turkey hunters, even if using shotgun, even if in a blind.

Hmmm, well I've been putting orange cloth on the tree I sit up against everytime I go turkey hunting.  I did it out of habit because I "think" I read that it was the law in some other state so I went ahead and did the same thing here.  Guess I'm being too careful, lol. 

Hmmm, well I've been putting orange cloth on the tree I sit up against everytime I go turkey hunting.  I did it out of habit because I "think" I read that it was the law in some other state so I went ahead and did the same thing here.  Guess I'm being too careful, lol. 

Nothing wrong about being extra safe. I remember going out to one of my turkey spots and orange caught my eye - a guy was in a blind across the field from me and had orange on the top of his blind. I made sure to be out of his way.