IGNORED

Plenty of Bears for the NY Guys!

Rusty

5 hours ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Im out hiking/ scouting every day.  I rarely go a day without seeing a bear or two (or three!)  still a lot if bears out there and will never be enough bear hunters anymore.  The number of cubs ive seen in the last two years is staggering.  I take 7-10 bear hunters a year and do very well.  Everyone wants to kill a big bear until they see how much work it is.  I always want my people taking the first bear regardless of size, i just want them back to a normal population 

I take 2 guys every year and between them, they could have shot at least 10. Only one of the two elected to shoot. The one shot was a good one. Top pic is me a few years ago (my first time hunting bear) & 2nd pic is a friend who killed that bear last year.

Screenshot_20240327_083045_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_165509_Instagram.jpg

Edited by nmc02

1 hour ago, nmc02 said:

I take 2 guys every year and between them, they could have shot at least 10. Only one of the two elected to shoot. The one shot was a good one. Top pic is me a few years ago (my first time hunting bear) & 2nd pic is a friend who killed that bear last year.

Screenshot_20240327_083045_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_165509_Instagram.jpg

Your buddy’s bear looks like a real good one .

while to many guys they are a total nuisance , they still are also a very cool animal .

A  cool quarry to hunt 

def a lot of work to get out and take care of getting skinned in time etc .

I only want to shoot ones big enough to make the work worth while 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

4 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Your buddy’s bear looks like a real good one .

while to many guys they are a total nuisance , they still are also a very cool animal .

A  cool quarry to hunt 

def a lot of work to get out and take care of getting skinned in time etc .

I only want to shoot ones big enough to make the work worth while 

Luckily I can be picky in my spots.....have 600 acres to myself, loaded w bears. I stopped hunting them (shot 5 in my life, 4 here & 1 in Maine). I don't think I will ever hunt them again.  I put a few close friends on them or trade tuna trips for bear hunts.

The bears pictured were nearly identical in weight.....both were right at 300 lb dressed weight. 

49 minutes ago, Rusty said:

One of the big boys we got running around.  The picture doesn't do it justice,  but you're gonna need some help dragging this slob out.   

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 7.03.15 PM.png

My neck of the woods??

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

One of the big boys we got running around.  The picture doesn't do it justice,  but you're gonna need some help dragging this slob out.   

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 7.03.15 PM.png

Oh yeah that’s a big one!  Ears look so small compared to the head.  That’s always been a good judging point for me. Not to mention his big ole butt!