IGNORED

Remington 870 SPS sure shot slugger

koz

I was trolling my local gun store and found a mint Remington 870 with a funky thumb-hole stock. It has a 25 inch rifled barrel. I originally passed because it because it was drilled and tapped on the receiver and not a cantilever barrel. 

It has been my experience that those are not the most accurate slug guns. But I asked to see it and realized the barrel is pined to the receiver, reminded me of the Ithaca model 87 pumps. the price was reasonable at 375.00. I needed a slug gun and this one came home. Anyone ever shoot this type of 870? I have few boxes of Hornady ssts and some federal slugs. 

Edited by koz

16 minutes ago, koz said:

I was trolling my local gun store and found a mint Remington 870 with a funky thumb-hole stock. It has a 25 inch rifled barrel. I originally passed because it because it was drilled and tapped on the receiver and not a cantilever barrel. 

It has been my experience that those are not the most accurate slug guns. But I asked to see it and realized the barrel is pined to the receiver, reminded me of the Ithaca model 87 pumps. the price was reasonable at 375.00. I needed a slug gun and this one came home. Anyone ever shoot this type of 870? I have few boxes of Hornady ssts and some federal slugs. 

My dad has the same gun minus the thumb hole stock.  We always shot lightfields out of it and had luck, the past few years he's between the winchester Supremes out of that and likes it.  Good luck with it great gun.