IGNORED

Bowtech Core SS

Jcol6268

I hit Strictly Archery yesterday and shot the Bowtech Core SS. I’m in the market for a new bow and I’ve had my eye on this thing. I am partial to Bowtechs. Starting with my Allegiance back in the day, then the Insanity. It’s been some time since getting a new bow. This bow gave me the WOW factor. Partially because I haven’t shot a new bow since my Insanity over ten years ago. Shot some other brands just to know that’s what I was liking. I like the grip and balance. The SS stands for Super Smooth and it is a smooth shooter. The draw cycle was just that and it takes no effort to draw the thing. 

My goal is to get a new bow and start shooting more and getting back into 3D (used to shoot it for fun and practice). 

Anyone have the Core or shoot one yet? How do you like it if you do?? I’m pretty sure I’ll be ordering one next week. 

41 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Bowtechs have always shot nice, but had previously had problems w cracked limbs. still??

I don’t think they’ve had that problem in years. I think it’s been corrected and the last few years haven’t had any issues. My 2011/12 Insanity had “limb problems” and I’m still shooting it today. I had it inspected at Bowtech (in Oregon) in 2018 and they said my limbs were fine. However, the guys at Strictly said they just had a guy with a 2010ish Insanity who just had his limbs break and Bowtech was giving him a free bow (that’s not bad for a 13 year old bow).

I am shooting a Bowtech Realm X (2018). In the last several years I have had probably 12 or so bows come through my house. Yet the Realm X has always stayed. I with I would have kept one of the Revolt X bows, but did not. 

Bowtech grip fits me great. And their tuning system is amazing, especially the new cam lean adjustment. 

This year my 11 year old wants to start shooting a compound he can hunt with next year. And more than likely it will be a Bowtech. 

I too want to shoot more 3D this year. Farmers is a great time. If you ever need someone to shoot with hit me up. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

3 hours ago, Steve said:

I purchased a BowTech Realm SR6 a few years back for hunting and 3D shoots. Smooth and forgiving for sure. I shot PSE for 30 years. Many great bows from every company on the market today, just have to find the one that feels right for you.  

I almost got a new bow when the Realm SR6 came out, but just didn’t want to drop the coin at the time and put it off lol. I think that was one of their better bows in recent years. 

6 minutes ago, Ron said:

I am shooting a Bowtech Realm X (2018). In the last several years I have had probably 12 or so bows come through my house. Yet the Realm X has always stayed. I with I would have kept one of the Revolt X bows, but did not. 

Bowtech grip fits me great. And their tuning system is amazing, especially the new cam lean adjustment. 

This year my 11 year old wants to start shooting a compound he can hunt with next year. And more than likely it will be a Bowtech. 

I too want to shoot more 3D this year. Farmers is a great time. If you ever need someone to shoot with hit me up. 

I will hit you up come spring then. Farmers used to be a regular for me, but I haven’t been in years. 3D isn’t as fun by yourself lol 

I actually shot one of the guys Revolts to compare it to the Core. The Revolt was super nice, but the Core was noticeably smoother.  I couldn’t compare the back wall because he had the draw length and cable stops adjusted to play with the let off, which I didn’t care for. 

Edited by Jcol6268

23 minutes ago, Ron said:

The grip is what I really like about all of the Bowtech I’ve owned. I’m in SJ but travel up to Farmers occasionally for 3D. I would definitely meet up. Some good shoots down south too. Obissquassoit shoot on 2/4 and Black Knight Bowbenders on 2/25. 

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

My son shot the top three or four before the season and went with the Bowtech SR350 he has shot Elite, Hoyt, Martin, Mathews over the years so no brand loyalty to speak of he thought the bow was simply the best all around , the Pure Archery Group was acquired  by  JDH Capital in July of 22 that also includes Bowtech, Black Gold, Diamond, Excalibur, Octane, Ripcord and Tightspot they own a large part of the Archey Industry they are working to improve all those products continually.

That being said everyone want's faster, more powerful and smoother bows and crossbows something eventually gives somewhere harnessing all that kinetic energy, if you are the original owner the customer service I have dealt with for Excalibur has been top notch they went out of their way to make it better and I wasn't the original owner, I get it you spend all that money and equipment fails it aggravating but it's awesome when they stand behind their products, just my experience. You really can't go wrong with all the bow manufactures out there they all seem to make great bows and most of them have been developed by a lot of the same individuals in the industry, shoot as many as you can and choose one that makes you want to shoot more a lot of it's personal prefernece! Good Luck and enjoy the holidays !