IGNORED

Whose going for Pheasant or Quail tomorrow?

JD48

1 hour ago, 6.5 Swede said:

Same here.  Just retired in June, so I will be avoiding the Saturday crowds.  I have a new pup, really too young for serious hunting, have been working with a training dummy and scents, but he's easily distracted, so we'll wait for midweek. 

I am in same boat with young dog. Need to shoot over her before I take her ou in the morning. 

49 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Went for quail had a great time Winnie def held point much longer than last year. @Swamp rat awsome time as usual.  Also @CodaboyZeus is coming along

123_1(2).jpeg

If you want a pointing dog don’t shoot the birds if she doesn’t hold point or you’ll never get her steady. Every time she breaks point and you kill the bird you’re rewarding her she’ll never be steady. Do some launcher drills it won’t take long for her to figure out when she moves there is no reward. All that should be done before you hunt her. 

3 minutes ago, smittty said:

If you want a pointing dog don’t shoot the birds if she doesn’t hold point or you’ll never get her steady. Every time she breaks point and you kill the bird you’re rewarding her she’ll never be steady. Do some launcher drills it won’t take long for her to figure out when she moves there is no reward. All that should be done before you hunt her. 

Her pointing just gives us enough time to get to her.   She was supposed to be a flushing dog