IGNORED

AR questions

FeniQuest217

For a first time purchase, no sense in breaking the bank. I’ve had and put together several AR’s with Palmetto State Armory stuff. Have got parts kits, entire rifle kits, and complete uppers from there. The stuff is great for the price. You can always upgrade once you know what you like. Keep your eyes on the daily deals sometimes they have rifle kits for $300-400. Will just need a stripped lower. 

Crazy amount of information on the internet, I just did a lot of research and shopped around for parts and built two, really isn't that difficult much more satisfying shooting something you made. Great feedback from so many members buying outright is definitely safer alternative !

On 10/11/2023 at 11:43 AM, FeniQuest217 said:

Hey all - well all this insanity in the world lately is making me want to own something similar to the AR-15 category.

How did you decide on your purchase? Which manufacturer and why? What caliber are you shooting? Anything to help , thanks all

How do you plan on using it? You need to figure out what you want it for, and that should help you decide.  

Do you want a defensive weapon only? Will you want something for offensive and defensive purposes? Long range, close quarters?

You said you have a 9mm, not sure what kind but if you want an AR platform for 100 yards and in, defensive purposes, you might want to consider a 9mm AR. Don't have to worry about different ammo types, and if you have a glock 17 or 19, the magazines for the pistol  will fit the AR, so you can use same ammo and mags for both. Keeps it simple.

Just something to think about.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Some of the manufacturers don't offer chrome barrel lining, a feature needed for long term use in humid environments.   I would choose a rifle with a chrome lined barrel.  A heavy profile barrel is not needed it will just make for a heavier rifle.  A plain buttstock with cleaning kit storage comparment is underrated.