IGNORED

Gone For 2 Months/ Got Within 5 Feet Of Them.

Fred Flintstone

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

That started long before baiting as deer knew food and cover were available in those house areas.  Why do you think ubnj fought so hard to get archery within 150 of dwellings if it wasn't an issue there would have been no need

That didn't fix anything.  It only made it worse along with baiting, drawing more deer into back yards all year long.  I could bait and draw them into my yard from the woods too, be 5oyds from a house, but I'm just inside the boro where it wouldn't be legal..  And the only thing all the increased seasons and limits did was kill them off of public lands.  You've got guys now that are only after a big rack and let all other deer pass that hang around the feeder in their yard all year.  Only way to get rid of the deer around houses is to open the private undeveloped lands around them to hunters, and that will never happen.  In the mean time, the number of deer on public keeps getting worse with their attempts to control the private population

3 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

That didn't fix anything.  It only made it worse along with baiting, drawing more deer into back yards all year long.  I could bait and draw them into my yard from the woods too, be 5oyds from a house, but I'm just inside the boro where it wouldn't be legal..  And the only thing all the increased seasons and limits did was kill them off of public lands.  You've got guys now that are only after a big rack and let all other deer pass that hang around the feeder in their yard all year.  Only way to get rid of the deer around houses is to open the private undeveloped lands around them to hunters, and that will never happen.  In the mean time, the number of deer on public keeps getting worse with their attempts to control the private population

Unfortunately it's a tricky subject private property rights etc yes the state could micro manage better.  But you to can hunt a more restrictive zone.  I'll even take you out down here in the pines but it's a hole different ball game

17 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Difference in baiting in woods as a tool of harvest  than bringing them into human settings getting them dependant on houses for food

Same shit.” assosiation of humans with food leads to bad things.- gettingthem dependant on humans for food” Not to mention other negatives of having a pile of corn in the woods with all kinds of critters attracted to it. The only difference is you are doing it so it’s ok. Let’s be honest with each other  

17 hours ago, vdep217 said:
Edited by Lunatic

10 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Unfortunately it's a tricky subject private property rights etc yes the state could micro manage better.  But you to can hunt a more restrictive zone.  I'll even take you out down here in the pines but it's a hole different ball game

I hunt a zone that allows 1 doe per season.  That doesn't stop the bucks from being driven the entire season and shot off, or deer being baited off onto surrounding private lands, or 2 guys on post shooting all 6 doe in the drive and having other members of the club tag them. AR has done nothing there since a lot of 1.5 year old's have 3 on one side. The zone only restricts doe limits and some hunting time.  It's the only reason I'm still seeing some deer there, unlike the zone I hunt that allowed unlimited doe.  There's more DFG can do to restore hunting on public but that's not their goal.  Haven't seen any changes made to the regs or land to improve hunting since the 80's.  Going back down from unlimited to 25 or 45 doe a year is only a change on paper.

Holiday City is the perfect (terrible) example. You can see dozens of deer in daylight walking the yards eating flowers and bread that is handed out regularly. Most who live around the area will know what i am talking about.  The deer are literally wild animals turned pets.

No I do not hunt the area I go into the pines 

8 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Same shit.” assosiation of humans with food leads to bad things.- gettingthem dependant on humans for food” Not to mention other negatives of having a pile of corn in the woods with all kinds of critters attracted to it. The only difference is you are doing it so it’s ok. Let’s be honest with each other  

Many of my stands the deer probly never see a road in their life.  Exadurating a bit but if they are staying in the woods that's where we want them.  I also bait I don't feed 50lbs does 4 stands for me 

Edited by vdep217

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

Many of my stands the deer probly never see a road in their life.  Exadurating a bit but if they are staying in the woods that's where we want them.  I also bait I don't feed 50lbs does 4 stands for me 

I have nothing against baiting deer to hunt them or feeding them. I  do neither. 
just pointing out it’s the same thing no matter what explanation you spin on either one.