IGNORED

New Custom Sticks Made

BHC

3 minutes ago, BHC said:

Why did I spend the money on these bolts? 

1. I can afford  to do so

2. I'm not cheap, I need to live, aliitle...I did a few years of crossbow hunting with cheaper crossbows, and served me well, but with cervical spine issues and other related issues I have issues drawing back, I treated myself 

3. I spent over $2000 for crossbow,why use ordinary bolts? I want as much potential the bow has without scraficicing much in speed but especially in kinetic energy 

If you owned say Vette, would use 87 octane gas and conventional oil?  No, you would use 93 octane and synthetic oil 

Everyone is getting sensitive here. No need to defend anything. It's your money. Spend it as you please. The post was about ME. I said I wouldn't do it. I never said you made a mistake. No one is right or wrong. 

Once again, ENJOY! :happywave:

Edited by archer36

3 minutes ago, BHC said:

If you owned say Vette, would use 87 octane gas and conventional oil?  No, you would use 93 octane and synthetic oil 

Depends on the Vette! Are we talking new with the mid engine or late 60's muscle car era?

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

13 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

Depends on the Vette! Are we talking new with the mid engine or late 60's muscle car era?

Exactly. Use what the manufacturer recommends. If a car requires regular gas and you use premium, you are doing no good even though it is a more expensive option. 

Edited by archer36

20 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Exactly. Use what the manufacturer recommends. If a car requires regular gas and you use premium, you are doing no good even though it is a more expensive option. 

And if it's a 60's Vette you'll need to add a substitute lead additive to keep the engine running right

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

4 hours ago, archer36 said:

Never said it was wrong and wished him luck with them. 

Why do you feel the need to come to his defense and disparage me?  He's a big boy and can defend himself. 

And, BTW, 3 people agreed with me and one posted :banghead:  You said nothing to them. 

:happywave:

Well you are allowed to throw in your two cents, so I'm throwing in mine. I would never spend $50,000 to shoot a bunch of exotic, tame pets. 🦍🦧🐅

3 hours ago, BHC said:

Why did I spend the money on these bolts? 

1. I can afford  to do so

2. I'm not cheap, I need to live, aliitle...I did a few years of crossbow hunting with cheaper crossbows, and served me well, but with cervical spine issues and other related issues I have issues drawing back, I treated myself 

3. I spent over $2000 for crossbow,why use ordinary bolts? I want as much potential the bow has without scraficicing much in speed but especially in kinetic energy 

No need to justify yourself to that old cranky tool bag

31 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

Well you are allowed to throw in your two cents, so I'm throwing in mine. I would never spend $50,000 to shoot a bunch of exotic, tame pets. 🦍🦧🐅

Shows how ignorant you are on the subject. :happywave:

4 hours ago, archer36 said:

Exactly. Use what the manufacturer recommends

And the manufacturer (Tenpoint in this case) limits warranty to specific bolt use. The Centerpunch bolts were designed specifically for use with their high speed xbows. They are one of the best bolts on the market

AWM

4 hours ago, BHC said:

It's the proper nock that needs to be used not the bolt, using the wrong nock voids the warranty as does a well under weight bolt....

How they going to know? As long as you have the original arrows that came with the bow you can say they were used. I don't use any nock other than the TenPoint nock that is recommended, but I know that people do not like the lighted version and use something different. 

Edited by archer36

the wrong nock could cause issues with the string and maybe their techs could detect that or with the accudraw system. It's clearly stated in the warranty to use the proper nock, the bolt has nothing to do  with the warranty 

47 minutes ago, BHC said:

the wrong nock could cause issues with the string and maybe their techs could detect that or with the accudraw system. It's clearly stated in the warranty to use the proper nock, the bolt has nothing to do  with the warranty 

Doubt that they can tell. But yes, the arrow doesn't matter. The proper nock does to be covered under the warranty. If you look close, not much is covered under the lifetime warranty as they are considered "wear and tear" items. The major issues are with strings and cables and they are definitely not covered. I've been bitching to  TenPoint for years about how much their nocks suck. They went from moon, to Omni, Omni 2.0, Alpha, Alpha HP in about 5 years. That's with 5 different bows. That sucks. 

Edited by archer36