IGNORED

NJ Boater safety Card

Call the marine police. I got the NJ boating safety certificate then when renew driver license it goes on driver license. But you need card to prove you took the course and test. . Endorsement like motorcycle. If you took course in PA you might be OK. I did use just the Safety course card which is legal . Like you though never was checked. 

24 minutes ago, electricstart said:

Call the marine police. I got the NJ boating safety certificate then when renew driver license it goes on driver license. But you need card to prove you took the course and test. . Endorsement like motorcycle. If you took course in PA you might be OK. I did use just the Safety course card which is legal . Like you though never was checked. 

Thank you.

41 minutes ago, electricstart said:

Call the marine police. I got the NJ boating safety certificate then when renew driver license it goes on driver license. But you need card to prove you took the course and test. . Endorsement like motorcycle. 

Sort of correct.  You need the endorsement on your lisence to operate in non tidal water.  Even with a cert card you could be cited because of not being endorsed.   I have seen state police accept just the endorsement on the bay because you need the cert card to prove for endorsement 

Edited by vdep217

Additional info to what @vdep217 said above

https://nj.gov/njsp/marine-services/boating-safety-certificate.shtml#:~:text=Q2%3A What is a Boat,document for non-tidal waters.

Q2: What is a Boat License?

A2: It is an endorsement on your New Jersey Driver’s License or ID card that allows you to operate a vessel on non-tidal waters. It is not a replacement for your Boating Safety Certificate, but an additional required document for non-tidal waters.

4 hours ago, Rumrunner69 said:

Hello everyone,

I have a question, Do I need to get a NJ boater safety card or can I use my card from when I lived PA. In 6 years I have never been checked. Thanks

https://rbps.org/?page_id=71

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt