IGNORED

ANJRPC and Koons Lawsuit Update

Yes, but she also said this:

Finally, this Court doubts the merit of the Siegel Plaintiff’s Second Amendment challenge to Chapter 131’s new fees. A law does not substantially burden a constitutional right simply because it makes the right more difficult or expensive to exercise. ...

... While Bruen provided no guidance on when a fee would be “exorbitant,” this Court doubts Chapter 131’s new fees are unconstitutionally impermissible.

15 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

She didnt rule because plantifs couldn't show immediate harm as they already have permit.  I have faith the fees will fall as according to bruen can't exceed what the average person can afford

Reserving judgment might be an attempt to ensure the ruling stands the 3rd circuit and ultimately scotus.  I remember 4boxes talking of that to make sure of a more steadfast sound ruling

I think a huge part of not getting a PI on the fees is that TRO and PI are issued in cases where the the requestor could suffer irreparable harm if a TRO and/or PI is not issued before a final ruling. 

My understanding in reading Judge Bumb's opinion is that the state would be able to refund any fees determined to be unconstitutional in a final ruling, therefore there's not an irreparable injury. 

Yeah it sucks about the fees, but even before today's PI ruling I figured the fees wouldn't meet the hurdle under current federal rules for issuing PI and TRO, and would wait to be addressed in the final ruling on the case.

Come on NJ! 

Someday I'd like to grab my phone, wallet, keys, side arm and drove where ever. 

I keep praying!

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

25 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

U basically can.  Been doing  since November 

He is in PA, zero reciprocity in NJ for civilian out of state carry permits. No he can't 

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

2 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

He is in PA, zero reciprocity in NJ for civilian out of state carry permits. No he can't 

He can get a new jersey permit to carry a handgun if he wants to carry in nj

Edited by vdep217

8 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

He can get a new jersey permit to carry a handgun if he wants to carry in nj

I do not believe that was the point he was making but I may be incorrect.

PA is America when it comes to 2A issues compared to NJ and he probably has everything he needs in PA without having to jump through NJ's hoops.

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

14 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

PA is America when it comes to 2A issues compared to NJ and he probably has everything he needs in PA without having to jump through NJ's hoops.

Yes that I agree with.  And I do believe it will get better and eventually we will see a national reciprocity 

3 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

Yes. My issues come into play with laws.

Things are very different and I am not trying to get jammed up in NJ. 

My local gs is running nj classes but I am not ready or confident in NJ law yet. My mind set is with pa. 

Thank you for the clarifications.

I do applaud all of you. I hope it continues. 

I also hope we don't lose anything over here.

I hope for the day where a good old open carry bbq happens. We can discuss gun stuff and food.😁

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

Why are these YouTubers all claiming "BIG WIN" or "HUGE 2A WIN!" in NJ?

No, it isn't.

Yeah, some of the rulings went the 2A way, but others didn't - it looked like the judge's ruling went half-and-half. I don't see this as a "HUGE WIN".

6 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Why are these YouTubers all claiming "BIG WIN" or "HUGE 2A WIN!" in NJ?

No, it isn't.

Yeah, some of the rulings went the 2A way, but others didn't - it looked like the judge's ruling went half-and-half. I don't see this as a "HUGE WIN".

It is a big win.  Yes some things that we see as unconstitutional were not blocked such as the costs for example but remember the better the opinion is written with historic examples the better chance it has for the Long run.  Right now the cost aspect is not ruled on because there is no irreputable harm.  If it is ruled unconstitutional down the road the state would be able to issue refunds. 

8 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

It is a big win.  Yes some things that we see as unconstitutional were not blocked such as the costs for example but remember the better the opinion is written with historic examples the better chance it has for the Long run.  Right now the cost aspect is not ruled on because there is no irreputable harm.  If it is ruled unconstitutional down the road the state would be able to issue refunds. 

It's not just the cost thing - its the entire permitting regime she effectively left untouched -- **four** references, you need to have an in-person interview, along with all the background checks, fingerprinting, etc, etc., not to mention the need for an FID and permit to purchase in the first place remains as-is (and remember, FIDs now expire, so you have to go through that whole rigamorall every 10 years (I think its 10)).

... oh yeah, and carry permits expire after 2 years, right? - so you have to go through the entire process every 2 years!!

Edited by mazzgolf