This is actually the deer spot.

IMG_0013.JPG

Edited by Ms Grit

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

I think pedals is or was a name from one of the bear loonies bears....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yep, there's a bear in Oak Ridge I believe that walks upright due to an injury.  The Bear Loonies named it Pedals and started a Go Fund Me page to raise money to help "Pedals". 

http://www.inquisitr.com/2484248/new-jersey-walking-bear-pedals-gofundme-campaign-petition-started-to-relocate-injured-biped-video/

NRA Life Member

UBNJ Member

Yep, there's a bear in Oak Ridge I believe that walks upright due to an injury.  The Bear Loonies named it Pedals and started a Go Fund Me page to raise money to help "Pedals". 

http://www.inquisitr.com/2484248/new-jersey-walking-bear-pedals-gofundme-campaign-petition-started-to-relocate-injured-biped-video/

Even if they do raise enough money wouldn't it be the states decision weather or not they will do anything?

Even if they do raise enough money wouldn't it be the states decision weather or not they will do anything?

I believe that would be correct and I believe that Fish & Wildlife does not believe he is in danger

NRA Life Member

UBNJ Member

picture is a little blurry, I see a bear standing up, what is he doing, think I am missing something

I replaced it with a better one for you ;)

NRA Life Member

UBNJ Member

It seems Pedals has started  a trend... Pedals might just be smart, not injured, he's the safest bear in NJ and he's telling your bears all about it Robin ;)

In all seriousness Leo801, he's obviously smelling something on the tree and since that's where I set up for deer, I have done nothing at that spot except put out corn because I want as few bears there as possible.  It's 100 yards away in the swamp where I spread and spray all kinds of attractants around.I also maintain that spot before going into the swamp and I wear rubber gloves when touching any of the cameras.

NRA Life Member

UBNJ Member

I hung a bucket feeder for the first time this year. I used some plastic-coated wire rope to hoist the thing up. I pulled my game cams and found photos of a bear playing with the cable, rolling around with it. The corn bucket is definitely an attraction as well as the mineral stone on the ground.

IMHO, bears are lazy and spend more of their time goofing off. I think they get even lazier and goofier when they feed on deer bait. At a least that's what my game cams are telling me.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.