IGNORED

Let's talk decoys...

DarthWaderTroj

I'm in the market to get some better decoys. I got a cheap dozen that my Mother-in-law got me for Christmas on Amazon, but I'm looking to get a couple dozen more that are better made. I'd also like a variety of poses because the spread just doesn't look right when you have dozens of clones floating. Maybe that doesn't matter to ducks, but it bothers me for some reason. What decoys do you guys recommend?

I’m all Avian. Expensive but buy once, cry once. GHG is another I have mixed in but they’re older. Higdon and FA are also popular brands. Everyone will have their brands and every brand will work. It all depends on how much you want to spend. Also, dump the mojo (if you use one) and add a jerk string if you don’t already. 

13 hours ago, 10deer said:

ll bean cork ones

While they are big and visible that’s about the only benefit to them. They don’t self right, fragile, heavy, bulky and very expensive. Other than being a cool conversational piece and some interesting history they are extremely impractical for actually hunting

your over thinking it i'm using  some of the same decoys i've used from 45 years ago.  And still killing ducks and geese over them. For instance we used to make goose silos out of plywood and paint them black with white patch cheeks and belly an tail. Concealment, cover your hands and face and don't be bobbing like a cork in your hide.