IGNORED

Need some help from my southern guys

Coyoteslayer

Hitting shaws mill pond tomorrow am. Never fished before there. Not sure if I'm bringing the trout boss as my truck is loaded for a job Monday. Best place to park? Deep spot? Seen pics of guys wading in, is this accurate? They got extra breeders put in there this year.

I’ve fished with some success on the side opposite the main parking lot.. There’s places to park on that side as well, typically from there to the spillway is decent from the bank. I’ve never caught a breeder there but have witnessed folks catching some good size trout. Decent bass in there as well

9 minutes ago, kamo_krimpets said:

I’ve fished with some success on the side opposite the main parking lot.. There’s places to park on that side as well, typically from there to the spillway is decent from the bank. I’ve never caught a breeder there but have witnessed folks catching some good size trout. Decent bass in there as well

How deep is it at the spillway?

2 minutes ago, kamo_krimpets said:

5-10’ around the spillway from what I remember, it’s been a few years. Nowadays if I take that drive I just keep on going to fortescue to hit the surf or hop on a party boat

Thanks I'm gonna get there early and hopefully lock up a good spot by the spillway. How about under the spillway? Is it fishable below? 

Used to be my home stomping grounds when I lived in Cumberland county. Plenty of parking.  Beautiful lake. Everyone hugs the road even when using a boat. I’ve always had my best fishing towards the back.   Blue Fox  vibrax spinner in gold and rapala countdown minnows worked for me. 

Edited by Buckeyes11

9 minutes ago, Coyoteslayer said:

Thanks I'm gonna get there early and hopefully lock up a good spot by the spillway. How about under the spillway? Is it fishable below? 

It was pretty thick and had a fence up for a while. That spillway is maybe 10 years old.. they made that bank along the road with rip rap when they put that in.. I’d definitely get there early to beat the crowd. It’s a destination for people usually because of the breeders.. just about every time I’ve been down there at first light you can hear turkeys hammering from the public land right there.. along the parking area there is usually vegetation and later in the year loaded with lily pads.. 

1 minute ago, kamo_krimpets said:

It was pretty thick and had a fence up for a while. That spillway is maybe 10 years old.. they made that bank along the road with rip rap when they put that in.. I’d definitely get there early to beat the crowd. It’s a destination for people usually because of the breeders.. just about every time I’ve been down there at first light you can hear turkeys hammering from the public land right there.. along the parking area there is usually vegetation and later in the year loaded with lily pads.. 

I'll be bringing the waders also. So if I can get a better angle I will.

7 minutes ago, kamo_krimpets said:

Them turkeys are piled up In the safety zone near the railroad tracks. Insane amount of birds. And trust me they know not to step out of it lol 

Since you are running the trout boss I would suggest a 12 pack of bud and handful of M80’s.   Owners of a quality craft like that have no time for matching the hatch.   

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

4 minutes ago, CJ3a said:

Since you are running the trout boss I would suggest a 12 pack of bud and handful of M80’s.   Owners of a quality craft like that have no time for matching the hatch.   

Lol 2 problems trout boss might not come because my truck is loaded up for a job Monday....and I quit drinking 3 years ago lol. Instead of m80s I’ll have to substitute tannerite!! No need to match the hatchery pellets!

Tough pond to fish from a boat - towards the back of the lake it's really choked with a heavy growth of lilly pads and other aquatic growth.  Rough going with a trolling motor.

Of course, Trout Boss could skim along right over it and strike fear into the hearts of the resident fishys!

Hope you can bring that famous craft down there sometime.  We'd love to see it.🚣