IGNORED

The "National Park" proposal - we have a copy

Just now, NotJust22s said:

BELVIDERE, N.J. – By unanimous vote, the Warren County Board of Commissioners on Wednesday night passed a resolution that reversed its earlier support of efforts to make the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area a national park.

Oh, if that is what you were talking about before - yeah, that's really not much at all when it comes to actually shelving the proposal because the Warren County doesn't have anything to say about whether this proposal moves forward or not. What that was is just the Warren County Commission saying they reversed their earlier support and now oppose the National Park proposal. But that's really a very little (though needed!) resolution and doesn't mean the proposal is dead. The push is still very much on. We need all the local towns to pass resolutions such as this one (several others have done so already). We need all our sportsmen's clubs to come out and voice their opposition to the proposal as it has been publicly described (several have already done so). We need our U.S. congressmen/senators to be informed about this proposal and we need to ask them to oppose it (write/email/call your reps). We need our local state reps to also know about this and come out and oppose it.

So the Warren County Commission resolution is a set back for the Sierra Club for sure, but it isn't the end. The Sierra Club is still very much pushing for the National Park. It definitely is not shelved.

21 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Also, see https://www.facebook.com/groups/nonationalpark for the activity to push against the proposal.

Just visited the FB Page,  as I scanned it there was constant confusion on it  by posters, It is full of Questions and Crickets,   And IMO most do not even have a clue on what is at Stake other than just Joining a Cause, Even a Statement that Méndez and Booker  have doubts on any support and No mention of gaining Murphy's Support, And as I mentioned before The Democrat's see a Chance to pass off the Costs of The States Portion to the Federal Gov. just as with Sandy hook, 

And most of the Negatives are right out of Play Book of failures ,  Of Could happen May happen- What ifs & Dome to the surrounding areas, There is no Formal Proposals By The Antis, 

The Submitted Questions is BS since they are guaranteed to be one-sided and  Sorted ( Censored ) . 

Meetings in person have more meaning and are Spontaneous,  Not Keyboard Warriors that are mostly dismissed. 

And How do you Fight 0r even  Object to anything that has no Published Proposals ( Plan ) or Factual information, Published or Submitted,  It is The Dog Chasing its Tail,  Emotion never Wins, 

278583349_10225051708831690_5955248718760562378_n.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Last question till , Who from the Department of The Interior or anyone That oversees it Such as The Departments assistant Secretary for Fish, Wildlife & Parks. Has even been asked to get involved since they alone will determine the OutCome, Who has Traveled to have a face to Face with any of them, Even Sent or Communicated with them.  Or Asked to meet with Gov, from the affected States or had those meetings,  Again Donations for Lawn Signs and Meetings are meaningless. Posting the We's -US -Them - Join in - Sign Up, Is Lip service and wishful thinking .  

Not My Opinions just my experiences and Knowledge of being a Chairman and a Commissioner - Appointed to Elected Official over the Years,  Not Being Negative or Positive or choosing Sides.  

Being a Cheerleader of a few is worthless,  

1 minute ago, 1957Buck said:

Last question till , Who from the Department of The Interior or anyone That oversees it Such as The Departments assistant Secretary for Fish, Wildlife & Parks. Has even been asked to get involved since they alone will determine the OutCome, Who has Traveled to have a face to Face with any of them, Even Sent or Communicated with them. 

If you have followed the "No National Park" grassroots effort more closely, you will understand it is much more than "lawn signs". People are doing what you are suggesting.

Sandy Hull, for example, has been in contact with their offices and is trying to set up a one-on-one meeting with our two U.S. NJ senators. She and her group has been communicating with the members of the National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands subcommittee of the House Natural Resources Committee since they are the ones that oversee the National Park system and are the ones that ultimately decide if the proposal will go to the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives for a vote.  She and her group has been meeting with local community politicians and attending their council meetings to get them to publicly voice their opposition because they were told if the House Natural Resources Committee sees that there is not a large groundswell of support from the local communities and local stakeholders (such as hunting and fishing organizations), they will not go ahead with any redesignation of NPS lands. It is for this reason why the Warren County committee's recent opposition is important. And why we need all the local community councils to publicly voice their opposition - it is important for the US House committee to see this opposition publicly acknowledged.

So it is much, much more than what you are suggesting it is (i.e. it is not "lawn signs, meaningless meetings, postings of We's -US -Them - Join in - Sign Up").

Note: you and everyone else reading this are free to communicate with the members of the National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands subcommittee  and voice your opinion on the matter. The "No National Park" organization has published all the information you need to contact those members. Please see https://www.nonationalpark.org/who-to-write if you wish to get involved and talk to/meet with those people. Here are some sample letters they provide as examples: https://www.nonationalpark.org/sample-letters ... In addition, you can go directly to the source - here are the Democrat and Republican websites for National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands subcommittee - these are the members of the U.S. House of Representatives that will have control over whether this proposal makes it to the floor of the House:

To obtain local support for the opposition, the group has published information on all local communities and their councils for everyone to attend if they can, and have met with local politicians and attended local council meetings. See https://www.nonationalpark.org/get-involved . It was efforts like that which got the Warren County Committee to reverse their stance and oppose the proposal. Getting the local communities to oppose the National Park proposal is a way to convince the federal politicians that there is no large local grassroots support to continue with the proposal.

All I can Say I & My Group went over just about all the Public publications they put out and not impressed, Just as the Discrepancies in your last post ( Misinformation ) Suggestion research who has The control over the National Parks and The Last Say. 

Last Paragraph ( Local ) Support is Missguided . 

Reminder it is a National Park  not a Local endeavor, As of Now we found there is no national Political Support, And The Biden administration is not Hunter - Gun -  Friendly, Or Gov. Murphy 

Since Biden is the one to Sign it

Will pass, for the Millions over the Few, 

My last words to you What did it take for Gov. Murphy to Ban Bear hunting on State lands,  If were to be put on the Ballot Election day who would lose,  Local is meaningless

Hunter numbers are and have Been declining in Nj, And those that hunt the area are a smaller part, 

Edited by 1957Buck

I'm sorry you and "your group" (whoever they are) are not impressed, but I can only assume that is because you are ignorant of the facts and of what is going on with the efforts to oppose the National Park proposal.

I did not say locals control "the last say" with the National Park proposal. In fact, I said quite the opposite if you read and understood what I wrote. If you had read and understood it, you would see that I did already do what you suggested ("Suggestion research who has The control over the National Parks and The Last Say"). What I wrote above was (and I'm quoting), ". . . the National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands subcommittee of the House Natural Resources Committee since they are the ones that oversee the National Park system and are the ones that ultimately decide if the proposal will go to the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives for a vote." To summarize that, I said it is the U.S. Congress that has "the last say". I also said (again, a quote), "they were told if the House Natural Resources Committee sees that there is not a large groundswell of support from the local communities and local stakeholders (such as hunting and fishing organizations), they will not go ahead with any redesignation of NPS lands." This is why local opposition is important.

You are certainly unaware, but U.S. Rep. Susan Wild (Pennsylvania's 7th District U.S. Congressional Representative) has provided some information regarding this to the No National Park group - and that is what I used to partly base my previous comments on in this thread (so for you to claim that I am providing misleading or misguided information is simply incorrect). You can read her April 3, 2022 letter here. But she said (and I quote), "Legislation to establish or modify a National Park unit falls into the jurisdiction of the House Natural Resources Committee . . . " (which is what I said in my previous comment - so no misinformation here). She then says, "The Committee will generally look for broad community support from all involved stakeholders when considering any enacting legislation" (again, which is what I said in my previous comment - so, again, no misinformation here). In summary, if there is no broad community support, the U.S. House committee will tend not to accept any National Park proposal, hence that is why I said it is important to get local county commissions like Warren County, Sussex County, as well as other organizations like the NJOA and the NWTF, to publicly oppose the proposal.

(I will end with this side note. I typically don't rant against others here because I like to be charitable to everyone, but I have to say your messages in the threads dealing with this National Park subject are haphazard, often in broken sentences that are incoherent, and while you have a tendency to make statements in LARGE BOLD fonts, sometimes in color, some with large pictures and screenshots to try to convey some sort of importance or relevance, it is often difficult to even discern what points you are trying to make. In short, you are a distraction. I know you are an old-timer and I try to respect that and want to be charitable, but please, when you say, "My last words to you" I hope you stick to that. Because you really are not offering anything constructive in this discussion.)

On 4/18/2022 at 9:02 AM, 1957Buck said:

Last question till , Who from the Department of The Interior or anyone That oversees it Such as The Departments assistant Secretary for Fish, Wildlife & Parks. Has even been asked to get involved since they alone will determine the OutCome, Who has Traveled to have a face to Face with any of them, Even Sent or Communicated with them.  Or Asked to meet with Gov, from the affected States or had those meetings,  Again Donations for Lawn Signs and Meetings are meaningless. Posting the We's -US -Them - Join in - Sign Up, Is Lip service and wishful thinking .  

Not My Opinions just my experiences and Knowledge of being a Chairman and a Commissioner - Appointed to Elected Official over the Years,  Not Being Negative or Positive or choosing Sides.  

Being a Cheerleader of a few is worthless,  

Me as a matter of fact. In District and in DC as well as my state Senator and Assemblyman. Just for starters. Add meeting with my US Senators’ staff on same. 

1 hour ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

This guy emailed my club this:
8d3fdb1ca39af121ed48ce215aa9eb1d.jpg

0c4b56f15965d320e8ddf51d09cdf87d.jpg
Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Yes, I saw that last week. I have already emailed John Wall my own questions over this past weekend (these questions) and on Monday he got back to me and told me he got them and will send them to the steering committee. I also sent those same questions to the organizer of tomorrow's Zoom meeting and got confirmation that they received the questions there, too. We'll see if any get addressed.

Feel free to send your own questions if you want to ask things that haven't been addressed on the https://delvalpark.org/ website.