IGNORED

Repairing the lip on Rapala Lures!

Well with Joe Biden's economy raising the prices on everything , I thought I would share this with you . As a kid finding the money for fishing lures was pretty tough , especially the rapalas . So I had to repair what I could . Now I do it for fun and sometimes I like the action I created better than the original . I made a real quick video showing the super easy steps. You can take it a LOT further if you desire . If you like these type of videos let me know by subscribing .

Pennsylvania Upland Hunting

Well with Joe Biden's economy raising the prices on everything , I thought I would share this with you . As a kid finding the money for fishing lures was pretty tough , especially the rapalas . So I had to repair what I could . Now I do it for fun and sometimes I like the action I created better than the original . I made a real quick video showing the super easy steps. You can take it a LOT further if you desire . If you like these type of videos let me know by subscribing .

Great video thanks.
I take the bomber longshot
I grind half the lip off, round the edges with a file
Now it swims 1-2' instead of 4-5. And tracks straight.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Codaboy said:

Great video thanks.
I take the bomber longshot
I grind half the lip off, round the edges with a file
Now it swims 1-2' instead of 4-5. And tracks straight.

I did similar .

when I large mouth fished I would shave a J9 rapala down , then melt the remaining half and push it until it was 90 degrees from the lure .

would let it rest , then pop it  . Would burp like a pop r , then swirl darting .

fish would destroy it as it glide to a stop .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I did similar .
when I large mouth fished I would shave a J9 rapala down , then melt the remaining half and push it until it was 90 degrees from the lure .
would let it rest , then pop it  . Would burp like a pop r , then swirl darting .
fish would destroy it as it glide to a stop .

A little mod work can turn an ok action into a fish catching machine. Like loading a redfin. Keeps the great action but gives enough weight to reach fish.