IGNORED

Looking for Deer hunting lease/club

Jake

Have you looked through the posts in this forum?  Each year there are openings posted from different clubs.  

Don't overlook the public land in north Jersey.  Within an hour's drive of Morris county there is a lot of good, lightly hunted land open to hunting.  We have access to a lot of private property but spend most of our time hunting public land anyway. 

Here's a list of places open to public deer hunting.  Best of luck to you either way.

https://nj.gov/dep/fgw/huntland.htm

There is a ton of very lightly hunted public and Newark Watershed land here in Zone 3. I don't hunt in NJ. But, first morning of the 6 Day this past December, I drove around at 7:30 AM just for fun, and I counted like three vehicles hunting over thousandsand thousands of acres! And they were parked where I had seen a buck cross the road in October that was the size of a mule deer! No Joke! And don't bother asking me where he was. He was, without a doubt, the biggest whitetail I have ever seen on the hoof. And I hunt in Maine where there are giants! I have seen some real monster bucks crossing the road in Maine while running traplines over hundreds of miles of logging roads.

On 2/25/2022 at 8:38 AM, trapoholic said:

There is a ton of very lightly hunted public and Newark Watershed land here in Zone 3. I don't hunt in NJ. But, first morning of the 6 Day this past December, I drove around at 7:30 AM just for fun, and I counted like three vehicles hunting over thousandsand thousands of acres! And they were parked where I had seen a buck cross the road in October that was the size of a mule deer! No Joke! And don't bother asking me where he was. He was, without a doubt, the biggest whitetail I have ever seen on the hoof. And I hunt in Maine where there are giants! I have seen some real monster bucks crossing the road in Maine while running traplines over hundreds of miles of logging roads.

There are a bunch of groups all in West Milford that just do deer drive after deer drive through there, certain sections get hit multiple times a day..