IGNORED

Blood trails coming/Fall '22

LPJR

8 hours ago, JFC1 said:

While you guys are re-upping with end of season sales, I wanted to report that with the seesawing changes in temp and the snow before that in my area I had a really good week and I was testing mechanical broadheads across it since I only just switched to them the second half of the season.

Somewhere, I think it was Hammer4Reel, commented that the Grim Reaper Whitetail Special is not quite as good as some of their others. I have to agree--it opens a massive wound but really tends to deflect. I had a bullseye heart shot (on Valentine's Day) leave just about no blood trail even though I saw the deer drop 20 yards from where she was hit. There were a couple of micro-specks of blood at impact on the snow, but otherwise absolutely nothing. Shot from a stand quartering away, the arrow went in, cut across the heart, and then stopped on the inside of the clavicle. No blood leaked out and the arrow was stuck across the deer. I wouldn't use the Whitetail Special ones again, but yes to Razor Tip and/or Razor Cut. Earlier in the fall, my son had a White Special deflect and move around in ways that meant we had a hard time figuring out how and where the thing punctured the skin. The movement while the deer ran did massive damage and left like three entrance/exist wounds--all kidding aside--but it could have gone differently.

Meanwhile, the Spitfire Max really shined. The cut is a little smaller than the Grim Reapers, but still substantial. And on one doe it punched through both clavicles at 20 yards , shot from a beater old crossbow originally rated at 360 fps but which no longer reaches that speed. 

BTW, forget Rage. 

I have not had a single issue with any of the three bladed reapers .

and have shot hundreds of animals with the whitetail specials in all three variations . Liking the pro series the best .

‘The reaper I had an issue with was their Carni Four , 4 bladed heads , on 3 of 4 animals shot with them , they passed through without fully opening 

here is a typical whitetail special donut

:

B38D0408-3F87-4859-B6E4-9747AFDD3CD3.jpeg

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/