IGNORED

2 goose limit

clamdigger

better then one per day. but if it was up to me i would add a 0 after the 2. f-ing geese are everywhere by me. wait until spring comes and elusive endangered canada geese hatches 8 more x how many birds are on the rivers and islands. 

if you wondering, yes, i hate geese. well, not entirely true, i like dead ones that are turned into jerky. :)

17 minutes ago, Squid13 said:

I spend a fair amount of time on the eastern shore of Maryland hunting and we did not see the amount off birds we normally see in the last 5 years. Things are definitely down. 

Maryland definitely staying at 1 bird limit - that's clear in the doc. What isn't clear is why they say the AF council recommended 30-days, 1-bird limit but the table shows the bird limit of 2 in New Jersey (but states to the south are staying at 1 bird).

12 minutes ago, Squid13 said:

Who knows who looks at these numbers and makes the decisions. 

It's the flyway councils that make the recommendations, then the US Fish and Wildlife Service makes the final decision (usually they just rubber-stamp the councils).

They provide a summary of the numbers they look at in the register - lots of data here and their conclusions/recommendations:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2022/02/02/2022-01852/migratory-bird-hunting-2022-23-frameworks-for-migratory-bird-hunting-regulations