IGNORED

First hardwater trip of 2022

flukebelly

Just spent Friday - today in lake view  pa…warmest  was 6 coldest was -10 !!!

started with just under 4in of ice and left today with close to 8. The pond was building ice all day and cracking and groaning all day and night ! A few times it moved so hard i actually jumped a foot off the ice ! Last night a seam opened up across half the pond and had an inch of new ice over the top of it about 10yds wide to both sides. 

As for the fishing…super clear skies, super high pressure, full moon and South Dakota temps…equals not so hot fishing. Tip ups froze in under minutes and we missed flags because they were frozen solid. Jigging was good first light and last half hour before dark with lots of good sized perch and bluegills, but it was dead the whole rest of the day. It was so cold yesterday AM that my buddy put a perch on the ice and it literally flash froze in less than 5 min- im holding it in one pic.

0B4BCD82-E0C7-4952-841D-3C5A6D20D71E.jpeg

C7BC0ED8-62A6-4567-BC8D-5F8B65DF536E.jpeg

DC627C61-F47E-42B1-A4FE-300C3FBD9B9F.jpeg

F5A8A173-80B8-4951-A116-69B9E3FA5CBB.jpeg

B508559F-C776-4588-854E-D28B4ADEA537.jpeg

Edited by flukebelly

This is the only ice I can tolerate when it 4 degrees out.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzazaq.jpg

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL