IGNORED

Anyone do HVAC have a question for new system

FishNHard

So the last project i have to do on my house is a new HVAC system , My house is 960 sq ft ranch  was built in the 60's  and sits on a slab , all duct work and vents are in the slab  i haves a 60k btu downflow furnace no a/c  . I want to have a/c put in but here's my issue if there is one,  the vents are 2x11 inches and there are only 1 vent in each bedroom even the master which is 144 sq ft , the kitchen is 192 sq ft and also only has 1 vent , the only room that has 2 vents is the living room and the way the house layout is the 2 vents are behind the couches , So if im going for a new furnace and a/c should i do away with the slab duct work and have an upflow system done and put the trunk up in the attic , i read that having the truck in the attic is less efficient but being an electrician an all i see is hvac guys putting it  in the attic  my furnsce sit dead center of the house so maybe 20ft of trunk  what would be the best way to go in your opinion. Thank John

My ranch has the downflow system in the slab. Three bedrooms are outside the main envelope of the timber frame making it complicated to design a forced air or ductless system.
The house also has radiant heat through the main area. I wish we spent a little more money for the slower fan speed to even the cooling temps as it gets cold quickly.
The addition room has the original to 1969 house separate forced air heat and cooling system in the tight attic which failed. The cost to replace that was better than twice the cost of a heat pump. I went with the single heat pump, but it struggled in the winter. You need a heat source since we're not in Florida.
Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk