IGNORED

McGregor vs Poirer fight predictions.

Buckeyes11

1 hour ago, Timo said:

Mcgregor made the UFC. All of these guys are getting paid now because he’s a “dirt bag”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t agree. What made the UFC is The Ultimate Fighter. That’s when it started gaining popularity and started to take off. And the biggest big number fight I can remember was Brock Lesnar back in the day, making a couple million (maybe there was others, idk, but I could recall that).  It’s a company that has grown a ton the last ten years and with that comes money. Sure McGregor sells, it’s because he is a dirt bag. He knows how to market himself. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s a dirtbag. 

What made the UFC?-- It was the beginning with the first fighters-- wayyy back  in 1993 and,I was there from the start.

Back  then- no gloves and Headbutts were legal on the Fence and on the Ground.

Once Headbutts were outlawed- the Grappling time in the Standing Clinch and on the Ground increased greatly.

The early men like Oleg Taktorav and" no weight classes" is what dtew people to watch.

By the way- Bruce Lee was trying to convey a point in -- Enter The Dragon in the scene with Roper being Armbarred by Bolo.-

- He BIT his way out!

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

I don’t agree. What made the UFC is The Ultimate Fighter. That’s when it started gaining popularity and started to take off. And the biggest big number fight I can remember was Brock Lesnar back in the day, making a couple million (maybe there was others, idk, but I could recall that).  It’s a company that has grown a ton the last ten years and with that comes money. Sure McGregor sells, it’s because he is a dirt bag. He knows how to market himself. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s a dirtbag. 

He’s headlined 7 of the 9 top grossing PPV’s in ufc history. The dirtbag act is part of his marketing ploy

There were so many great fighters and fights in UFC over the years it would be hard to even list them. McGregor is a great fighter as well but his big mouth is not responsible for UFC success. Not even close . 

The number don’t lie