IGNORED

2014 6-day Firearm Big Buck Contest!

BowhunterNJ

@Just Hunt of Creative Mold was nice enough to donate a mounting skull for a 6-day big buck contest!

Prize:
msg-710-0-50069000-1417910963.jpg

Contest Rules:
- Any registered NJ Woods & Water member at the start of the contest can submit an entry.
- Contest starts Monday 12/08/2014 when 6-day firearm season begins
- Entries will be submitted up until Monday 12/15/2014 at 12:00PM EST
- Only bucks killed in NJ during the 2014 6-day firearm season are eligible
- A confirmation number must be submitted with the entry
- A picture of the hunter with the buck must be submitted with the entry.

Scoring System:
1. The total number of points. No points will be counted that are less than 1" in length, no rounding allowed.
2. The width of the inside spread. All measurements must be done from the main beam only.
3. A total of the longest tines off the main beam per side will be measured and scored. A total of two tines will be measured, one per side.

TOTAL SCORE:  The total numeric score will be the sum of 1, 2, and 3 above. That is, the sum of the total points, the outside width, and the two longest tines (one per side) equals the total score for the buck.

TIEBREAKER: Will be determined by the longest tine. In the case of a tie still remaining, the next longest tine of the four measured, and so forth, until a winner has been determined.

Good luck everyone, stay safe and shoot straight! :up:

Great offer Just Hunt!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

• 1 month later...