IGNORED

Snowmobiles - Who's Got Em?

electric10162

Glad you started this topic. I’ve been shopping.
I’ve had 2000 arctic cat 600 then 2001 Polaris XC 800. The cat was a touring and I didn’t love it. The Polaris was set up to race and it was fast as hell. I currently have a 2006 Yamaha Apex 1000 4 stroke. It’s fast reliable and relatively heavy bc it’s a 4 stroke. Bottom line for me at this point is comfort. Those old sleds will beat the shit out of you on long rides. The suspension and longer tracks on newer sleds are so much better.
I’m looking at 3 right now. Polaris switchback assault 850, skidoo backcountry 850 and Yamaha sidewinder 1000 turbo 4 stroke. All are 146 inch tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

I’ve had 2000 arctic cat 600 then 2001 Polaris XC 800. The cat was a touring and I didn’t love it. The Polaris was set up to race and it was fast as hell. I currently have a 2006 Yamaha Apex 1000 4 stroke. It’s fast reliable and relatively heavy bc it’s a 4 stroke. Bottom line for me at this point is comfort. Those old sleds will beat the shit out of you on long rides. The suspension and longer tracks on newer sleds are so much better.
I’m looking at 3 right now. Polaris switchback assault 850, skidoo backcountry 850 and Yamaha sidewinder 1000 turbo 4 stroke. All are 146 inch tracks.

I was thinking buying used. How much we talking new? Mid range 

3 hours ago, Farmshine said:

Where do you do your riding? 

I wouldn't buy one in NJ.  I would go back to ME and NH in the spring after everything has melted and see what's available.  People sometimes abandon them at repair shops and you can get one for a song in that case.  You can buy some of the rental sleds from those guys because they want to rotate new inventory into their stocks.  Once the spring rain and mud is gone so will the sales.  They know that they can sell them for more in the fall when people are thinking about the sled season.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

2021 Polaris Indy Launch Edition.  Some folks on the trails in stokes are insane.. I wish I bought a 2 up. I may sell  mine in the spring for a 2 up Polaris Voyager. 

Polaris for me all the way! I do love Artic Cat as well..

2021 Polaris Indy Launch Edition.  Some folks on the trails in stokes are insane.. I wish I bought a 2 up. I may sell  mine in the spring for a 2 up Polaris Voyager. 
Polaris for me all the way! I do love Artic Cat as well..

It’s interesting that arctic cat and Yamaha have teamed up. Yamaha 4 stroke motor with arctic cat chassis. Wish the sleds weren’t so heavy compared to pol and doo