IGNORED

Indian Archery Longbow

rem870hunter1

Guy at Bob's Sport shop looked it over and it looked fine to him. Bought a stringer,ordered a new string,they don't keep longbow strings in stock so i chose 1 of Dacron material...he then asked what color do i want it in 🤔 . I felt like a was picking out ceramic tile or something 🙃😄 . I think i went with a Fluorescent Green was choice #224 on the hook of samples. They'll call me when it gets there. He attempted to figure out the approximate draw weight and guessed it to be 40 to 45lbs. We'll know more after it's strung.

28 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Did you get arrows or what kind are the ones you have?

The belt quiver that was with the bow has 8 wooden arrows with field tips. There's 2 different lengths,i didn't measure them. I guess someone was just practicing with this. I do have 6 aluminum arrows from 1 of my compounds that a set aside when i bought a dozen new ones. The compound is a 40-50lb draw weight. I put feather type fletching on them and only shot them a few times from the compound. Once i'm sure this is ok i plan to get a dozen to dedicate to this long bow. Thinking of wooden but i want threaded ends,i have some of the old style Bear Razorheads i'm thinking of using as long as this is strong enough to hunt with and after i practice with it alot.

2 minutes ago, rem870hunter1 said:

The belt quiver that was with the bow has 8 wooden arrows with field tips. There's 2 different lengths,i didn't measure them. I guess someone was just practicing with this. I do have 6 aluminum arrows from 1 of my compounds that a set aside when i bought a dozen new ones. The compound is a 40-50lb draw weight. I put feather type fletching on them and only shot them a few times from the compound. Once i'm sure this is ok i plan to get a dozen to dedicate to this long bow. Thinking of wooden but i want threaded ends,i have some of the old style Bear Razorheads i'm thinking of using as long as this is strong enough to hunt with and after i practice with it alot.

Yeah, wood is the way to go.   You hot melt the Bear broadhead right onto the tapered end of the arrow.

18 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Yeah, wood is the way to go.   You hot melt the Bear broadhead right onto the tapered end of the arrow.

The broadheads i have that i'd like to use are threaded. I used them with the compound. If i go with cemented broadheads i'll have to have field tipped arrows as well for practicing.

1 hour ago, rem870hunter1 said:

The broadheads i have that i'd like to use are threaded. I used them with the compound. If i go with cemented broadheads i'll have to have field tipped arrows as well for practicing.

What weight broad heads.  And what kind.

1 hour ago, rem870hunter1 said:

OK, you mentioned Bear broadheads. I was thinking of the glue on ones, then you just heat them, take them off, and glue field points on.

45 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

What weight broad heads.  And what kind.

I believe they're 145gr and they're Bear Razorheads. I swapped them out for Muzzy mx3 in 125gr. On my other compound.

some are gray and some are tan/sand.. probably 8 total,i'd have to check.

I do have Bear Super Razorheads too that i use from the compound i've been hunting with the last 7 years or so. I think they're 145gr as well,i should have atleast 6 of those.