IGNORED

Meat grinder

jgripp292

Wonder if a machine shop could rebuild the end of that. May be worth checking into for a 700 dollar piece of equipment.
Grind that end 3/8" square and replace it with the appropriate
Torx sized socket!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, jgripp292 said:

Anyone have a meat grinder they want to part with. Over 1hp.

My cabelas (Weston) #42 1 3/4 hp just bent the auger teeth. I called them and they no longer make it or produce parts. Searched internet for two weeks now. Nothing. Absolute BS. It’s maybe 5 yrs old. No parts?!? WTF. $750 for the thing. Good thing I live at the shore cause it’s now anchor weight.

Borrowed a buddies 3/4 hp. Not doing the job. 3 deer in the cooler waiting to be processed.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you also contact Weston also  , I see they have every size auger shown there except 42. .

but  possibly they have them ? 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Looks like it was only seated into the other end half way (that would be where it bent)
I'm surprised it won't still work the way it is if thats the case.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I thought so also. But It won’t go back in at all.

Go to a few restaurant supply stores they might have one laying around. Needed parts for mine went to Rudy's in Pt pleasant and they had a large bin full of grinder parts. Took about a half hour to look through the bin but found what I needed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

Go to a few restaurant supply stores they might have one laying around. Needed parts for mine went to Rudy's in Pt pleasant and they had a large bin full of grinder parts. Took about a half hour to look through the bin but found what I needed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I called him. He has cut back in parts and doesn’t have any.

On 12/16/2020 at 1:05 PM, jgripp292 said:

It got jammed. The power of the grinder torqued the end and twisted the metal. The teeth now go straight and then halfway up turn 45 degrees.
It didn’t strip or chip them. If you didn’t know better , It looks like it was made that way. Couldn’t believe it did that.

What jammed it?

my bro got the cabelas big grinder n it works great...but I wana give him a heads up how yours got jammed. 

he bought some extended warranty for it too. 

I will send your pic to a pal who works in the restaurant supplies business n see if he knows of any parts around

249A370A-0C7B-4063-B0F5-D7544CDC0080.jpeg

10D9B5BC-D9FC-4D21-BFD2-F4377160858B.jpeg

What jammed it?
my bro got the cabelas big grinder n it works great...but I wana give him a heads up how yours got jammed. 

he bought some extended warranty for it too. 

I will send your pic to a pal who works in the restaurant supplies business n see if he knows of any parts around
249A370A-0C7B-4063-B0F5-D7544CDC0080.thumb.jpeg.505869cff271ac22dae896d086062487.jpeg
10D9B5BC-D9FC-4D21-BFD2-F4377160858B.thumb.jpeg.32e82edfa96262317fa6a7d062fac0f6.jpeg

Totally my fault. Was using the wrong plunger. Plastic and hollow one. It was in the tray and fell in. Sucked it all the way in before I could unplug it. Had to put the the housing in oven at 500 deg to melt the plastic and get auger out. Damage was already done. [emoji2359]

Thanks. The auger is made by Weston model #42 Part #696906. Been calling restaurant supply store all day.

Apparently Westin outsourced the parts to a company that was bought out and that’s why they don’t make it anymore or have parts.

2 minutes ago, jgripp292 said:

Totally my fault. Was using the wrong plunger. Plastic and hollow one. It was in the tray and fell in. Sucked it all the way in before I could unplug it. Had to put the the housing in oven at 500 deg to melt the plastic and get auger out. Damage was already done. emoji2359.png

Yikes!!

my pal in the restaurant supplies business said call this guy Charlie n have the model n serial # ready...

good luck!!

C1B1E9EE-9202-454C-BAAF-80D5A5F8F41A.png

4 minutes ago, jgripp292 said:

Totally my fault. Was using the wrong plunger. Plastic and hollow one. It was in the tray and fell in. Sucked it all the way in before I could unplug it. Had to put the the housing in oven at 500 deg to melt the plastic and get auger out. Damage was already done. emoji2359.png

Thanks. The auger is made by Weston model #42 Part #696906. Been calling restaurant supply store all day.

Apparently Westin outsourced the parts to a company that was bought out and that’s why they don’t make it anymore or have parts.

@jackstraw be careful w new grinder