IGNORED

Crossbow Question

I have a disabled person that wants me to teach them to hunt. I figure crossbow will be easiest due to their disability. I have never shot a crossbow. I want to buy one for him.  I'd love to stay under $500 all in. Is this possible for a decent setup? 

Realistically- will a $300 crossbow get the job done? Figure shooting from ground, supported, under 40 yards. 

Would love to hear any recommendations OR what to stay away from. Thanks

1 minute ago, Hawkeye57 said:

SO just broadheads and good to go? looks like a solid setup. Crank easy to use? 

I don't use it, as it's not silent...Bolts that are supplied I use for discharging after a hunt, I like a heavy bolt for hunting....Check your PM

16 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

What type of disability? It can play a role in selection

hip/neck. He was able to pull bow back but could not settle in behind the string comfortably. Had him get behind rifle and that was easier. Figure the crossbow will allow for a seated position that he can lean forward and relax behind the glass. ordered what BHC recommended. Will most likely fit a solid cheek pad and run with it. (hope I dont like shooting it too much!)

Appreciate all the replies. 

16 hours ago, Gman said:

any recommendation on bolts?

Bloodsport. I have them and have seen MANY accolades on them  in Crossbow Forums. They were even compared to custom arrows and were just as accurate. Best thing is you can find them on Ebay and Amazon for about $30. 

Edited by archer36