IGNORED

Advice on tree saddles?

On 12/24/2019 at 3:48 PM, Whitetail31 said:

I use a kestrel with a set of hawk helium sticks and a tethered Predator platform.  The best information you could get for saddle hunting is from saddleHunter.com.  I have been saddle hunting for three years now and do not miss a tree stand at all.

Thanks for the info. I'm having a hard time finding a pack for my sticks/gear as well. Any advice? I have sticks that are sort of stackable. A little heavier than some, but I can't afford different ones right now. They're Millennium MicroLites. 

Tethered is very simple and comfortable. Only complaint is the waist buckle gets loose on me when walking and the saddle pulls down off your waist when you hang sticks off of it going up the tree. I  use short Muddy sticks and long Lone wolf sticks. 

I made the switch this year.   I am using a Tethrd Mantis Saddle with a Sys Hauler for Linesman Rope and HYS Strap and Amazon Molle Pouch for Tether and Platform strap, Out on a Limb Podium Platform and 4 LW Sticks (or 3 with 2 step aider on bottom stick), Alpz Pursuit Pack and Tethrd back band and HYS Strap.   if you want to be really mobile then go for it.  

Yes, Mantis Saddle needs to be tightened up on the walk in and climb up and loosened up when settling in on the sit.  

wearing my saddle in and packing my platform,  outer layers and bow on/in pack.  I carry my sticks with a DYI 8mm Elastic rope sling around shoulder.

Started to lighten things up with DYI Stick Rope Mods , upgraded tether and line man ropes upgrades, ect

Yes, hit SaddleHunter.com forum for best info.

just get ready to spend some $$$... :)