IGNORED

BOW CASE IN A VEHICLE

Just Hunt

I also would never ever rely on any info that any online gun nuts give you. Lawyers are snake oil salesman and theres a BIG reason their unemployment rate is so high. Most are just not that good at what they do......

Your best bet is to call nj state police and just ask if a bow is considered a firearm. Do not listen to some here as you will spend your life in paranoid fear of ever doing anything.

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

During the early season, to prevent working up a sweat......I carry my bow in a bow sling while riding my mountain bike bare-butt-nekid (that's naked for you city types). Very refreshing!

Never been stopped once. I've even had police and conservation officers run AWAY from me. So I'm going to have to say it's perfectly legal to keep it uncased. The bow I mean....

Edited by Matty

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Never been stopped once. I've even had police and conservation officers run AWAY from me. So I'm going to have to say it's perfectly legal to keep it uncased. The bow I mean....

I wouldn't stop you either if I saw you riding neked on your pink banana seat huffy with the tassels flying in the wind........................... :rofl:

I would just whisper quietly as I drive past, I hope that poor boy is wearing a banana hammock...........

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

Ha Matty! Your post made me laugh... Then cry...Now I'm thinking I may need to see a therapist. :P

Well, this is another one of those crazy topics of "I think" and "I guess". It is a good point that an FID card is not required for a bow... So this is not a firearm. I just don't trust New Jersey and its backwards ways sometimes. Other states have specific laws requiring your bow to be transported in a case. I guess I personally just wouldn't take the chance of not casing it... :)

Ha Matty! Your post made me laugh... Then cry...Now I'm thinking I may need to see a therapist. :P

Well, this is another one of those crazy topics of "I think" and "I guess". It is a good point that an FID card is not required for a bow... So this is not a firearm. I just don't trust New Jersey and its backwards ways sometimes. Other states have specific laws requiring your bow to be transported in a case. I guess I personally just wouldn't take the chance of not casing it... :)

you know what they say!

When in doubt, Cover it up!

That doesn't even rhyme palawman.

It's when in doubt, whip it....Oh the bow. Yeah I guess case it.

In all seriousness, I usually don't case mine. 

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Bow case not required in NJ...Read it somewhere.....internut.

I myself always case mine, cause.

I remember a trainer for safety course forty years ago telling us that anything that can kill a deer should be cased, guess it stuck.

NRA Life Member
"From My Cold Dead Hands"                          I'm all for Gun Control...I use both Hands.

I guess here would be the next question, What is considered to be a case for a bow.. A firearm I think has to be cover without it falling out if they shake it.. I was told by my taxidermy buddy that the Wildlife fish and Game is just a summary.. So I guess I will call..

I use a soft case similar to the one below.  A gun sock is considered a case as long as it has some sort of tie in.As far as does a bow have to be cased ? Better safe than sorry !

image.jpg

Edited by Hatchet

You add camo to anything, it immediately becomes cool.