IGNORED

Saltwater Gear Review

MGHunter66

Two items I thought worth mentioning to bottom fishing guys. First is the Tsunami 7’3” Bottom fishing rod. Handles 1-8oz real well with a lot of snap for jigging, especially heavy jigs. Surprising light weight and responsive. Bought it for snap jigging ball jigs in deeper water and performed beyond my expectations. 

Second is the Thundermist inline 3way swivel. Now i am not a fan of hardware and tie dropper loops but when having novices aboard they may not pay attention to rigging as much as we do and get line twist from less then perfect bait/gulp rigging. These performed flawless with none of the problems with traditional 3ways. Pics below of both mentioned above.

8156A923-09EA-48AB-88E9-EEE13303FEE7.thumb.jpeg.71a8e185322a18faf4f268dde1c52ccb.jpegE110B17D-3639-44EC-A41D-92AFAB9469DE.thumb.jpeg.7ad30bfd2da5f1be5100af8498e6e7ee.jpeg2BD5277F-7B29-4B24-A84A-435E26F5BE3C.thumb.jpeg.b09b4754a282ad122a3581819b325769.jpeg

AWM

I loaned my neighbor a Daiwa Saltist rod last weekend and he decided to test it in his ceiling fan when he got home and cut it in half at the third guide down. lol He replaced it with a Tsunami TSCCB7611 rated for 2- 12 oz. It appears to be a nice rod so I will give it a try next time out:up:

Edited by bucky

45 minutes ago, bucky said:

I lent my neighbor a Daiwa Saltist rod last weekend and he decided to test it in his ceiling fan when he got home and cut it in half at the third guide down. lol He replaced it with a Tsunami TSCCB7611 rated for 2- 12 oz. It appears to be a nice rod so I will give it a try next time out:up:

For heavier stuff I think you’ll like it a lot. I liked this one so much i am picking the same model you have this week.

AWM

31 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

For heavier stuff I think you’ll like it a lot. I liked this one so much i am picking the same model you have this week.

I wish they added the entire 6 inches to the rod end instead of adding 3 to the butt and 3 to the rod

21 minutes ago, bucky said:

I wish they added the entire 6 inches to the rod end instead of adding 3 to the butt and 3 to the rod

Yea heavier rods always seem to have a bit too much length in the butt end for my liking. I usually modify them as long as it won’t unbalance the set up. 

AWM

No reason for the handle behind the reel seat to be more than 12”

All guys thinking the rod is needed to be longer to have it under your arm , have someone take a pic of you using it.

will be 3 or 4 inches of rod butt well past your elbow on the extended butt rods .

your also putting the reel seat on a smaller diameter of the blank knocking down part of its backbone.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/