IGNORED

11/11 Veterans Day Check-in

HamiltonR&G

13 minutes ago, JMDHunter said:

And then 30 minutes later I popped this 6 pointer!  Woot woot!  Was looking up the mountain through the binos at some more does and seeing what was going on and heard rustling through the thickets to my left.  He was there and walking in quick.  Put binos down and got bow and stood up while he was not looking my way and waited for a clear 25 yard shot.  Thought I missed him bc he only moved a few feet and I heard a weird thunk not the pumpkin sound when you hit a deer.  Was pissed I missed him and then he starts running and now I'm like wtf and then after 10 yards he starts stumbling and going into death throes?!?!?!?! Dropped 40 yards from my stand!!!  Howling with glee and wait another 5-10 minutes just to make sure he is down and then went down and went over and saw I nailed him pretty good.  Confirmed a double lung shot when I gutted him.  But then went looking for the arrow and it was 4" deep in a dead log on the ground!  That was what I heard which is a first.  Anyway glad I got this buck and even though I might have been able to wait for a bigger deer I'm happy I got this one and I dropped him quickly.  Horns will go up on the wall as I get all my buck antlers done in a euro cap.  Proud of every set and they keep getting better as I learn more about hunting.  

6ptrnovember112018.jpg

6ptrnovember1120182nd.jpg

6ptrnovember1120183rd.JPG

Congrats on your 6 pt

1 hour ago, JMDHunter said:

And then 30 minutes later I popped this 6 pointer!  Woot woot!  Was looking up the mountain through the binos at some more does and seeing what was going on and heard rustling through the thickets to my left.  He was there and walking in quick.  Put binos down and got bow and stood up while he was not looking my way and waited for a clear 25 yard shot.  Thought I missed him bc he only moved a few feet and I heard a weird thunk not the pumpkin sound when you hit a deer.  Was pissed I missed him and then he starts running and now I'm like wtf and then after 10 yards he starts stumbling and going into death throes?!?!?!?! Dropped 40 yards from my stand!!!  Howling with glee and wait another 5-10 minutes just to make sure he is down and then went down and went over and saw I nailed him pretty good.  Confirmed a double lung shot when I gutted him.  But then went looking for the arrow and it was 4" deep in a dead log on the ground!  That was what I heard which is a first.  Anyway glad I got this buck and even though I might have been able to wait for a bigger deer I'm happy I got this one and I dropped him quickly.  Horns will go up on the wall as I get all my buck antlers done in a euro cap.  Proud of every set and they keep getting better as I learn more about hunting.  

6ptrnovember112018.jpg

6ptrnovember1120182nd.jpg

6ptrnovember1120183rd.JPG

Congrats