IGNORED

Any Wood Workers on Here?

Bully

Anyone in Northern Jersey/Bergen County that does serious hobby woodworking?  I have a piece of laminated plywood that needs to be squared up and I for sure don't have the equipment.  I'd like to square everything up.
The piece is 3'L x 7"W x 2 3/4"T.

Any help is appreciated.  

I used to be "Topher"

If you own a router you can always square up with a straight edge and route to it.

Easiest foolproof way to get done.

2.75" just gonna need a big cutter and do in multiple passes and maybe have to flip

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

16 minutes ago, Roon said:

If you own a router you can always square up with a straight edge and route to it.

Easiest foolproof way to get done.

2.75" just gonna need a big cutter and do in multiple passes and maybe have to flip

I'm begging/borrowing/stealing everything for this project I can.  I have recently purchased and gotten up to speed a lathe.  That's gonna have to do it for the moment on tools.  

I used to be "Topher"

6 hours ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

You dont need a serious hobby woodworker.. you need someone with a table saw ;)

Is ther any edge that's flat?
Post a pic.. seems very simple..maybe I'm not understanding..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My buddy has a beautiful tablesaw.  I need something that will square up some edges beyond what a table saw will do.  Square and flat.  If I can't find anyone I may go that route.  

I used to be "Topher"

40 minutes ago, gobblergetter said:

I'm confused.

What kinda laminate is it? Or are you referring to the plys on a regular sheet of plywood ?

In any event a square, straight edge, skill saw and a few clamps should do the trick.

Sounds like you need one straight side to square off of.

I cut a sheet of 1/4" plywood into 7" wide strips and glued them all together.  I am looking to build a rifle stock off of it and need 2 edges very square and very flat.  

I used to be "Topher"

Don't know if a thickness planer and or jointer would suit your needs.
You chose to use plywood.
A big cabinet shop would have a thickness sander and an edge sander.
But you chose to use plywood.
Bondo might be your friend if any gaps need to be filled.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kype said:

I have to ask. Why plywood? Also how well did you glue the strips of plywood together? Did you clamp every 6-8 inches? If you wanna meet up I have a small wood shop. I have table saw and planner. Located in Bridgewater nj

Titebond iii.  Squeezed on and spread with a spreader from my body work days.  Clamped every 6 inches.  

Why plywood?  Well, honestely, why not?  It's been done a million times.  "Laminate" stocks are, essentially, plywood.  There is a gent on another forum that builds very nice benchrest stocks out of plywood for kids so they can have a rifle to shoot in junior leagues.  They do very well.  It's also wicked cheap.  If I screw it up or hate it, I'm out about $40.  A lot cheaper than if I got some exotic and tried it.  

That's pretty much the how and why.  

Thank you for your offer.  I'll drop you a line tomorrow morning.  

I used to be "Topher"

11 hours ago, Bully said:

So Maker Depot is out as it’s membership based. I only have this one project I’m interested in doing. 

They actually also do projects for people, mostly prototypes. I was thinking they could refer you to one of the guys there. Some really good “makers” running around the shop.

I should be working ... there's always tomorrow