IGNORED

FID through State Police questions

Swamp_Yankee

3-6 months if through the state police. I submitted my handgun permit application July 3 and still waiting. Like nb6624 said , the process is a fn travesty of bureaucracy from its initial submission to the very end. FYI I think state law says it must be completed in 30 days. Maybe this needs to be challenged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Farmshine said:

3-6 months if through the state police. I submitted my handgun permit application July 3 and still waiting. Like nb6624 said , the process is a fn travesty of bureaucracy from its initial submission to the very end. FYI I think state law says it must be completed in 30 days. Maybe this needs to be challenged.

The process is changing due to a study performed by the Attorney General's Office and a Directive that was issued in 2016. It has a soft date for rollout around November 1st. See my prior posts about this subject

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

20 hours ago, nb6624 said:

21 days😅😅😅😅. Your looking a 3 months. Troopers do the invest and submit it to division within a week. Then it sits on a pile in Trenton for 2 months. Totally ridiculous.  The system is broken 

:shock:  That's what I was afraid of, but I suppose that's the trade-off of having State Police coverage.  Still better than having a local PD though, at least out here.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

I did my change of address in NJ a couple years ago.  Took somewhere around a month, maybe two.  

In NJ you must supply names and numbers for personal references.  I that's the same in PA make sure you tell your references to expect a call and to answer the call.    

The process is changing due to a study performed by the Attorney General's Office and a Directive that was issued in 2016. It has a soft date for rollout around November 1st. See my prior posts about this subject

Let’s hope it works out. As of right now the state is not ready for that.

4 hours ago, Farmshine said:

Let’s hope it works out. As of right now the state is not ready for that.

And how would you know that or is that just an assumption ?

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."