IGNORED

WILD Outdoor Expo - September 8 & 9

12 hours ago, SlugsnArrows said:

I always wondered....

Why is this always on opening weekend deer season?

Wouldn’t they want to do it earlier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is actually a good time to have it. Some of the state (like the zone it is held in) does not open for another three weeks. That first weekend of early bow-- not many guys sitting in the heat in the middle of the day. I hunt the AM, go set up cameras in the zones that open three weeks later, visit the show, then either hunt the evening or go home. With a lot of things (seminars, educational booths,etc) it is perfect timing to line up a few things. Like get a trackers cell number in case you ever need it.

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, _X7 said:

What kind of turnout do they get for this weekend? I know a lot depends on weather, but was looking to see if trying to get our group in there would be worth it.

there's always room for you. ;) 

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:35 AM, deadonshot2 said:

It is actually a good time to have it. Some of the state (like the zone it is held in) does not open for another three weeks. That first weekend of early bow-- not many guys sitting in the heat in the middle of the day. I hunt the AM, go set up cameras in the zones that open three weeks later, visit the show, then either hunt the evening or go home. With a lot of things (seminars, educational booths,etc) it is perfect timing to line up a few things. Like get a trackers cell number in case you ever need it.

Well, why a week before the season would not be better?

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

Well, why a week before the season would not be better?

Because that would would be a holiday weekend. The weekend you suggest is filled with last weekend at the shore for many, or last minute school shopping or last summer family cookout. 

36 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

Because that would would be a holiday weekend. The weekend you suggest is filled with last weekend at the shore for many, or last minute school shopping or last summer family cookout. 

ok, how about the week before? As you said people are already hunting, for sure I will be and I will take a hot day in the woods over any show.

55 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

The event does get a good turnout 👍

There's a lot more to it than I realized. The event covers a bit of everything. We'll be going if we can get a spot. The application says it had to be in by June 29. We'll see.

9 hours ago, Lunatic said:

ok, how about the week before? As you said people are already hunting, for sure I will be and I will take a hot day in the woods over any show.

That would be 5 weeks before the entire state opens and there may not be as good of turnout since people are still in summer mode. But if you are really that concerned about the date you should contact the NJDFW and express those concerns. And I see what you are doing. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Edited by deadonshot2