IGNORED

NJW&W 1st Annual Stevo Memorial KYL Rimfire Challenge - July 1st, 2018 8:30AM

11 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

I misspoke.

I can shoot I just can't hit what I'm aiming at !

Oh I should have realized what you meant  :banghead:

I was thinking of moving the target up 10 yards do to the diversity in skill levels of the competitors but that can be discussed prior to the competition

Edited by Shortfuse

Rules for the Stevo Memorial KYL Rimfire Challeng

Target will be Shot at 50 Yards  ( Maybe Less )

Any  .22 LR Cal Rimfire Rifle ( Only )

Ammo must be under 1300 FPS  Lead Nose only  ( No Jacketed Ammo ),  Standard Velocity Preferred        ( To prevent possible Target Damage )

Mechanical Front Rest and Bipods Ok

Any Sights Open, Peep, Scope, Red Dot Ok

Shoulder or Rear Bag Ok

No Rear MonoPods or Mechanical Rear Rest 

No one piece  Rifle Rests

No Tripods

Hits on the face of the target ONLY will be scored. Hits on the rod will be  considered a miss 

Shooter will start with the far left disk and shoot at each disk 1 time moving to the right Your turn ends when you miss.  You keep your points and the winner will be determined by your total points of how ever many strings we shoot.

Scoring            

2"   2pts

1 3/4" 2 pts

1  1/2"  3 pts

1 1/4"  4 pts

1"         6 pts

3/4"    8 pts

1/2"    10 pts

1/4"    15 pts

So if you clean all 8 targets you will have a total of 50 pts

Any questions feel free to contact me 732-678-6706

Edited by Shortfuse

11 hours ago, Shortfuse said:

Oh I should have realized what you meant  :banghead:

I was thinking of moving the target up 10 yards do to the diversity in skill levels of the competitors but that can be discussed prior to the competition

If its as windy on Sun morning as it was Wed it will be super interesting at 50 yds.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

49 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

If its as windy on Sun morning as it was Wed it will be super interesting at 50 yds.

WE will have a meeting before the shoot to tweak the rules I tried this target out at 40 yards and only hit the 1/4" Target 2 out of 12 tries indoors so 50 yds might be a stretch we might have to do it at 35 or 40 yards I also had some votes to keep the rules official as far as Know Your Limits miss and lose your points which might keep it more  competitive  for the less experienced shooters because the ego's of the better shooters might make them go to far and jeopardize their points :stirring: we will decide by majority vote before the shoot

Ammo must be under 1300 FPS  Lead Nose only  ( No Jacketed Ammo ),  Standard Velocity Preferred        ( To prevent possible Target Damage )

I might have a problem. I think the ammo I am sighted in with may be "jacketed". I will check when I get home. If it is considered jacketed I may not have time to get non jacketed ammo and adjust my scope.

The ammo I have doesn't damage the metal targets at Cherry Ridge

Edited by 230jhp

18 hours ago, lefty222 said:

Shotfuse should be there, if the good lord is willing and the creeks don't rise.

CZ 455 22lr Varmint.jpg

I think I need a Bigger Scope Is that barrel short or the Scope making it appear shorter?

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

1 minute ago, 230jhp said:

I might have a problem. I think the ammo I am sighted in with may be "jacketed". I will check when I get home. If it is considered jacketed I may not have time to get non jacketed ammo and adjust my scope.

Get there a bit early you'll have plenty of time to adjust your scope your point of impact shouldn't be that far off if you get the same grain bullets I'm sure there will be plenty of extra ammo there just in case.

7 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

I think I need a Bigger Scope Is that barrel short or the Scope making it appear shorter?

If your referring to the scopes in your post on pg 1 of this thread I'd get a bigger scope anyway :rofl: just kidding at the distance we're shooting you should be fine