IGNORED

Additional Pheasants To Be Stocked!

FLDBRED-BDC

Fantastic, it's been slow lately for sure. I get my limit but have been working harder than normal for sure. Can't complain though after today's 2 birds I'm up to 26 for the season and 20 quail. My 2 year old Borador (border collie/lab) has really progressed the last few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been very slow. Hunted a wma that is supposed to have 70 birds stocked every stocking day and the state is putting out 25-30 tops.

I hunt the Forge and the stocking schedule stated there has been 90 birds between the 2 locations the last 3 stocks ( Sat, Tue, Thu) and I have heard about 24 birds maximum taken in the morning rush hour. Let's assume an even split of 135 per site that would leave 111 remaining birds at the spot I hunt. I can walk 5-7 miles to get my limit and I have a dog that will get scent 150 yards off the trail and put up birds and I hunt some of the more difficult areas where most don't venture after we hit the areas that are on the stocking maps. I have hunted with 6 well trained dogs to put up 2 birds in 2 hours which is unheard of for the supposed number of birds put out.

They hold birds back just so they can publish this extra bird crap to make themselves look better. I wish they would just post real numbers instead of the inflated ones. Inflated numbers are just to boost liscence sales. Just like last years extra bird day in January was a pitch to sell more liscences in January rather than November.

Fantastic, it's been slow lately for sure. I get my limit but have been working harder than normal for sure. Can't complain though after today's 2 birds I'm up to 26 for the season and 20 quail. My 2 year old Borador (border collie/lab) has really progressed the last few weeks.

7 quail and around 15 pheasants for me and close to same for my buddy i hunt with. yes it s been a little harder this year compared to years past ,but all good need the extra exercise. have fun and be safe

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Yup that's why me and the pup took this year off if you don't like what there doing well have to call f&g and stop buying the stamps.

I just can't see taking a year off though, this is the most exercise the dog and I get all year. I'll push sunrise to sunset between pheasants and quails in a single day. I thoroughly enjoy deer and duck hunting but there is nothing quite like a pheasant or quail flushing unexpectedly to get you going plus the utter disappointment you get with poor shot placement or a flushing dog springing a bird to far ahead of you. By far my favorite type of hunting and it's not even close for me.

It's my favorite time of year to but between the a holes shooting before light and running around before light and now less bird it's not worth going out . I also don't have all day to hunt.i know some people are having a good year in some parts of NJ .but the last few year has suck in the middle of the state .