IGNORED

2017 Ohio recap - 2 BBD's, a true hunting adventure...

JHbowhunter

Thanks everyone. Still haven’t quite come down from the adrenaline high. I was truly at the lowest point in my bowhunting life and ready to pack it in dejected, sad for the animal, and very disappointed in myself. I will forever remember Matt yelling 75 yards away “ come here- I found your buck!” I am rather burned out don’t have the fever to get right back out there and complete my season with another big Jersey buck. Although I am sure I will be mentally ready by the weekend! Some closing shots Matt sent me from his phone.

14408668-CB26-4CFE-8265-D7B6279FE0D2.jpeg

E85135C1-319C-4AA2-B1B5-D363EA6C4246.jpeg

DDCF8612-DD11-43BA-BDF4-102CA6DE1A70.jpeg

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

• 2 weeks later...

So my buddy gets back out to his lease this weekend and checks cams. He sends me pic of buck I shot 5 minutes before I shot him - from a camera 500 yards away. Pretty cool. Can really see the tank body on him.

4348235E-03CF-4267-B6BB-079C8E57D5A4.jpeg

I shot a big 10pt once….

But there is a real bittersweet kick in the ass- it gets better. He sent me a pic from my stand 4pm same day. The stand I did all day sit day before. A new bucks finally shows on the property and it’s my buck of a lifetime. You just can’t make it up. Of course there is no guarantee had I sat there he would have shown he may have winded me far off and never seen him. But still - come on!

A131AABA-0EE4-45AB-919C-999D5B4E46D1.jpeg

I shot a big 10pt once….

I really welcome the communities opinions on why my buck ran well over 500 yards and climbed a steep 80 degree vertical 50 yard long hill on his last moments of life...  The entry/exit holes are shown.

Your rage broadhead probably didn't open.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW