IGNORED

Getting ready for bird hunting!

Working on it,had bird dogs for many many years ,never broke one to wing and shot,hunt mostly pheasants, wanted them to get there right away,found out this dog will trail and find most cripples. Want to hunt quail this year they fly too low for a dog not steady !

Excellent, i have been doing the same with my Boykin. When you finally get there it is so worth it. I still have to say "hup" at the flush to get mine to sit but she doesnt budge until i shoot which is ok by me.

AWM

Going to try grouse this October in PA,takes a great dog to handle grouse! Good learning experience for the pup,if I can find any and then hit one! Lol

We have a Bird Camp in Bradford County Pa., and I'll have to admit we took the local grouse population for granted. For years we knew we could go to camp and have multiple flushes anytime we wanted. We used the Camp as a base so we could search out the remaining "wild"pheasant populations and we were lucky enough to find some.

Today it's a different story, the grouse are VERY scariest around our area, in fact the whole State has shown a dramatic decline. They can still be found but it's going to take some homework! There are still plenty of woodcock in the grouse coverts to keep your pup interested! Good luck and be sure to report.

Pennsylvania Upland Hunting