IGNORED

Food plot weed

Arrest max is for grasses. Once sprayed you can't reseed for 3 months. They say clover needs to be 3"tall to live through it (or some say if it has 3 leaves it's fine)

Slay needs crop oil to work.

Slay will kill Broad leaf weeds , and you can not plant any broad leaf clover plots for 1-3 years afterwards pending on how much rain we get. So your plot will be clover only for awhile..

They say 3-4" Clovers will withstand slay.. anything smaller will probably die. I'll let you know soon, I sprayed my field and I have a lot of small clovers..

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Arrest max is for grasses. Once sprayed you can't reseed for 3 months. They say clover needs to be 3"tall to live through it (or some say if it has 3 leaves it's fine)

Slay needs crop oil to work.

Slay will kill Broad leaf weeds , and you can not plant any broad leaf clover plots for 1-3 years afterwards pending on how much rain we get. So your plot will be clover only for awhile..

They say 3-4" Clovers will withstand slay.. anything smaller will probably die. I'll let you know soon, I sprayed my field and I have a lot of small clovers..

I knew you would come through Jay.   :up:  :up:

I used Arrest on my Chicory Plot this spring with decent grass killing results. It took several weeks for the grass to be killed though. Good luck with your project.

attachicon.gif5-11-17 Chichory Plot.JPG

What mixture did you do? I did the largest dose of chemical they recommend because my grass was knee deep in half the plot.

I used a whole pint (16 oz) with 10 gallons of water for a half acre.

I also put 8oz of crop oil, and 2 oz of slay in the same 10gal sprayer.. it's 3 days and it looks like the slay is starting to work... but the grasses don't look affected yet..

I was also unsure of how fast to drive the atv to get the right amount of fluid spread. I ran out a little short of my plot, so I guess I was either going too slow, or I had a tad more than a half acre planted..

Seems the grass was so tall, the sprayer laid down the grass ones it put chemical on it, so I'm not sure the grass beneath was getting hit with the spray.. only the top layer??

What mixture did you do? I did the largest dose of chemical they recommend because my grass was knee deep in half the plot.

I used a whole pint (16 oz) with 10 gallons of water for a half acre.

I also put 8oz of crop oil, and 2 oz of slay in the same 10gal sprayer.. it's 3 days and it looks like the slay is starting to work... but the grasses don't look affected yet..

I was also unsure of how fast to drive the atv to get the right amount of fluid spread. I ran out a little short of my plot, so I guess I was either going too slow, or I had a tad more than a half acre planted..

Seems the grass was so tall, the sprayer laid down the grass ones it put chemical on it, so I'm not sure the grass beneath was getting hit with the spray.. only the top layer??

I used the entire contents (whole pint) of Arrest on my 3/4 acre plot mixed with 5 gallons of water and sprayed using a backpack unit. Most of the grass killed was at 12 inches in height or taller. It took 3 weeks before I saw noticeable results. It worked well overall.

Ive never put chemicals on clover. Just continue to clip the weeds/grasses just above the clover. If the clover is established, you could do a light dose of round up. The clover is tough to kill and will bounce back

www.liftxrentals.com

Def Japanese stilt grass. The stuff is a pain. It was in my lawn. Scott's preemergent crabgrass preventer keeps it from germinating but as others have said then you cant seed. It's yet another invasive species we've messed up the environment with.