IGNORED

25 lb Largemouth

No many as far as I know, yes, anything over 5 is big! An 8 came out of Hopatcong a few years ago and was released. The NJ state record Is 10.12oz, not likely to ever get broken.

I believe the state record is 10 lbs 14 oz.. When I was really fishing hard for the record I caught quite a few bass over 5lbs, after they hit the six pound mark they were few and far between and that was with some VERY hard fishing! I caught one bass that topped the scales at 8.2 and I lost a bass right after midnight at Farrington Lake that I'm sure was close to nine ! That was in 1982.

Pennsylvania Upland Hunting

I had a fish grab a spro BBZ shad right at the bank where I was fishing, grabbed it, turned and broke brand new Triline XT 17lbs test, that fish was every bit of 9lbs! Took a $22 swimbait too!!! But that spot is not like it was, there were two real bad winter die offs, and the bucket brigade found it, I saw a nice 8 go home in a pail from there, I thought for sure from that spot there'd be a 10 pounder, seen more than a few there that'd come close, but that was before the die offs and the freezer fishermen.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

I used to bow fish lake Hopatcong a lot. I lived there for about 15 years. I have seen some true monster bass under the lights. You can count the scales in clear water. I know its not weighing them but I am a pretty good judge of fish size while bow fishing. There are some 8plus pounders swimming in there. Nice fish , you guys are getting me interested in fresh water fishing again. lol

I took a couple trips to Lake Okeechobee and caught some monsters. They don't weigh them unless they are serious beasts. I know I could bass I would never dream of catching in NJ

Great job getting a kid out to fish and he seems like he is off to a great start ( nice fish!)

Here's a question for you guys that have ben chasing bass in the state for some time, Is the state record Largemouth Bass currently swimming in NJ waters?

YES Very Much So. quite possibly in the Lake my Grandson and I fish at. since every Bass is released only to grow bigger. 

The guy that put me on them just 3 years ago has caught some Monsters and not interested in any NJ Record Bass. some plugs he uses are 8" long plugs. 

10lb 15oz is NJ state record but I will bet much more have been caught and released  :fishing:

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Not in heavily fished public water, that's certain, but I have no doubt that in a private farm pond some were there could be one lurking.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Not in heavily fished public water, that's certain, but I have no doubt that in a private farm pond some were there could be one lurking.

Not always true Conors 7+ Bass came from a local Lake It gets Trout stocked. all 3 Seasons but there a few that fish beyond that The regulars keep a Tight Lip. 

I fished it many years For Fun and The Stocking dates as a fun place till Someone I knew put me onto what was happing when he came into The launch in his Kayak and I saw the Size of The plugs he was using  :eek:   2 weeks later Conor hooked up in Our raft I row he Catches I enjoy that more than me doing the Catching. Someday will have to Post his Exploits both Fresh and Salt. He has even Featured in The Asbury Park Press some years ago about youth fishing.  :up:

Here's a question for you guys that have ben chasing bass in the state for some time, Is the state record Largemouth Bass currently swimming in NJ waters?

Well that's a very good question, I think we would all like to believe she's out there! I put in countless hours for years straight believing just that. One thing I would change would be to put more time in the southern counties. Yes...she's out there!

Pennsylvania Upland Hunting

Well that's a very good question, I think we would all like to believe she's out there! I put in countless hours for years straight believing just that. One thing I would change would be to put more time in the southern counties. Yes...she's out there!

Your profile says Sussex County That and Warren County are 2 of the most Picturesque County in Nj your fishing opportunities Not to leave out hunting is boundless.  

You have so many Lakes to choose from.  Some overrun with Summer Boats and People, Most fishermen do not Target Large Mouths in those Lakes most are Reality TV fisherman My suggestion is Choose a Type of Bait Lure to go by what is matching the natural food source where you are fishing All that stuff on the bait shop wall is all good and well to see what you can fool a bass into taking. Try Plugs. Plastic worms Live Shinners and Herring. stick with a few lakes don't forget those farm ponds, Talk it up with other guys fishing that lake watch what they are doing.

In no time your turn will come and you will be helping others after posting your trophy bass.   Good luck Bill  :up:

Forgot to ask what are you fishing from Shore Boat Kayak Raft. 

Edited by 1957Buck