IGNORED

Cpap Machine & Items

1957Buck

I don't believe so.

5' 7" = 175 lbs. (in very good shape)

Can still carry out my deer, and 90 lbs of salmon for 3 miles without stopping.

Carry two 50# feed bags without problems.

Not too bad for a 60 yo.

And here I thought you were a 99-year-old born 6/01/1917 from Camden County  :hmmmer:  where did I get that from  ;)

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

A mouth Piece may stop Snoring the same way just raising the head of your bed 5-7 inches.  But does not prevent Sleep Apnea. That is the purpose of a CPAP machine that senses an event and provides air pressure to get your breathing back. After some 5 years, I still have at least 3 events a night the machine records and reports each day on how the past night went from time used Mask Leaks and Events.

Want a month piece Amazon has dozens that you do your own fitting no need for a dentist.

Want to prevent Sleep Apnea that will be a lot more involved.   

I hear you. I need to get back to using my cpap machine..Just such an inconvenience, but necessary I guess....

Just got back from my night mission:

Sleeping with the mask for the first time.

“Pilot to bombardier. 3 minutes before we’re over Heidelberg ball bearing plant. Guide us in…..”

Unknown.jpeg

5231768_orig.jpg

images.jpeg

images-1.jpeg

12oclockhigh.jpg

B17 42-5864_0050.jpg

Edited by Bill from NJ

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

A mouth Piece may stop Snoring the same way just raising the head of your bed 5-7 inches.  But does not prevent Sleep Apnea. That is the purpose of a CPAP machine that senses an event and provides air pressure to get your breathing back. After some 5 years, I still have at least 3 events a night the machine records and reports each day on how the past night went from time used Mask Leaks and Events.

Want a month piece Amazon has dozens that you do your own fitting no need for a dentist.

Want to prevent Sleep Apnea that will be a lot more involved.

You are incorrect. It does the exact same thing as a CPAP....keeps your airway open. I was skeptical at forst, works much better than a CPAP (for me).

You are incorrect. It does the exact same thing as a CPAP....keeps your airway open. I was skeptical at forst, works much better than a CPAP (for me).

Is this what you're Pulmonologist approved for you to stop Sleep Apnea.  And with all due respect, I would get a new doctor. The machine applies positive air pressure when you stop breathing so Oxegen gets to your Brain and Heart. No mouthpiece can do that.   To say I am incorrect is totally false and sending the wrong message to anyone that may suffer from Sleep Apnea. Self-diagnosis is a killer. If a mouthpiece works for you to improve breathing at night. all well and good but it will not prevent Apnea. Which is when you stop Breathing. Please talk this over with your doctor. Bill       

When I first got my CPAP I was using the full face mask because I usually sleep with my mouth open. I couldn't sleep with it because it didn't seal well over my beard. Believe it or not, what kept me awake was the whistling sound of the air escaping through my beard. I figured I'd give just the nose piece a try and was shocked to find that when using the CPAP via only the nose piece my mouth stayed shut and I was able to sleep fine.

I don't want to come across sounding like a #%$@, sleep apnea is a serious health issue and this is a serious question.

Those of you that need this machine, are you overweight?  Is there a correlation between bodyweight and sleep apnea?  It seems that everyone I know that has sleep apnea is heavy.  Can this be corrected by losing weight?    

I have mild to moderate sleep apnea and I am in great shape sub 13% body fat. I hit the gym 5 times a week, mtb, play hockey, etc. What I have is referred to as obstructive sleep apnea I'm not sure how that differs from other types. What causes it in my case? Who knows but I haven't slept good in years and the cpap hasn't made a difference in that realm but I wear it religiously because apnea can cause heart issues if you ignore it for too long. 

Is this what you're Pulmonologist approved for you to stop Sleep Apnea.  And with all due respect, I would get a new doctor. The machine applies positive air pressure when you stop breathing so Oxegen gets to your Brain and Heart. No mouthpiece can do that.   To say I am incorrect is totally false and sending the wrong message to anyone that may suffer from Sleep Apnea. Self-diagnosis is a killer. If a mouthpiece works for you to improve breathing at night. all well and good but it will not prevent Apnea. Which is when you stop Breathing. Please talk this over with your doctor. Bill       

Exactly right, I'm all for home preventive medicine, hell I've even stitched myself up after nasty hockey games but there are some things you leave to the pros. These [cardio, pulmonary] are some of them!! I just recently had a stress test and ultrasound of my abdominal artery. Everyone should do this, probably when they hit their 40s or something, sooner if they have family history.

Newjerseyhunter I to had problems with full face mask till I found the Nasal mask. it stays sealed Twisting and during the night. Used a chin strap for a few weeks till jaw stayed shut. You are doing the things. 30 years ago I had quadruple Heart bypass surgery. No heart attack just clogged arteries. worked as a Millwright Welder at GM for 36 years and Sheetmetal worker 16 years. now 75. All that gave me COPD - Cronic Bronchitis. This past Christmas found me in the emergency room after a Breathing attack and chest pain Long story short they found both lungs full of Blood Clots after a week in the hospital on Blood thinners was sent home on Blood thinner pills for the rest of my life.  

This happened over some years as my pulmonologist treated me for COPD I fired the Son Of a bi&^%  when I laid in my hospital bed and got a new one DR. Dendi she is great and now on top of my treatments. 

The last 2 years I could not finish the Nuclear Stress tests because I could not breathe. But cat-Scans of the chest showed Heart OK. 

My outdoor activities have been cut somewhat But will fish till I drop.   So keep on top of your Health so you have many more years of Success Afield. 

See you On the Bay or Surf I am the one with the beach chair and a Rod in a Sand spike under an umbrella. :happywave: